More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New AMD 6800 XT not recognized

I’m new to mining and just completed setting up my first rig, the rig has 1 Nvidia card (MSI trio 3070) which works perfectly, and another AMD card, Red Devil Radeon RX 6800 XT. the mother bord I’m using is Asus prime z390-p.

My problem is with the AMD card, for some reason, it’s not being recognized by the OS, it’s only showing the 3070 card but not the 6700xt. I just installed the beta version (0.6-203@210515) of hiveos and still not showing.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot this

2 Likes

Here’s what fixed it for me, I went on Hive Shell and typed “hive-replace -y --stable” make sure it fully installs and reboots, then after use PheonixMiner 5.4c!

man, you should delete that . I tried it and it ruined my boot files. I had to reimage. It may work, but I would only do it as a last resort.

so after a lot of troubleshooting it turned to be a problem with the PCIe riser, if i connect it directly to the motherboard it get recognized and registered in hiveos just fine, but with the riser it not being recognized at all, i tried multiple different risers but no luck. its most probably some settings in bios but still not sure how to fix it.

my 6700xt doesnt mining yet too. What can i do?

1 Like

I have a AMD 6800 XT Red Dragon that my rig wouldn’t recognize until I downloaded and installed an updated driver for it.

I have done everything that I have found and read on this forum about
Hiveos wont detect the radeon rx 6800 xt.
I have now set the card in the motherboard slot, I have 12 Gb Ram
The radeon rx 6800 xt Gpu is the only one on the rig, but it wont detect it.
I have the latest hiveos installed.

So the summary is:
12GB ram on the motherboard
1 radeon rx 6800 xt alone on the rig
Latest Hiveos version
I have the GA-H110-D3A MB
The rig worked fine with 5 RX580 gpu card today. I removed all of them and
Just put in the radeon rx 6800 xt now alone.

The rig in the Hiveos wont detect the card.

Anything I have missed?
I see that many say they gotn it recognised just after updating or doing the alpha image. But mine doesnt. I think there is sth I have missed. :slight_smile:
Thanks for any tips I can look at.

Doesn’t the latest version of Hiveos have the driver now?
Where and how did you get it?

i had the same problem with my Rx 6700xt/6800

you have to flash latest version of hive on the stick.

the problem is from AMD drivers and to change amd drivers you need to change the hiveos image.

2 Likes

ok Thanks, I will google on how to flash the latest version on a usb stick. :slight_smile: Thanks for putting me into the right driection. Really appreciate that.

Hi, so I have flashed the hard drive to version [email protected]
which is the latest I could find on download hiveos farm page.
I have upgraded to 14Gb ram but it does not detect the card.

I have also made sure that the card is alone to the PSU as well now.
Im stuck still, and tried a few changes, but its still not detected.

please check on the bottom-right, what version you can see for AMD Drivers ?
as you can see in my photo, i have 20.40 (5.9.0325)

Mine says 20.40(5.11.0701)
But then again that is after I updated it to the latest version via the browser.
I will re-flash it with the latest img file and see what it says then.

I have tried all hardware changes this morning, without any luck.
So what I will try in a few hours which I think can be a factor, is to update the MB bios. All my Rx580 cards work with the MB bios version I have now, but maybe thats the problem. I will try and check and update here later today. Again thanks!!

Hi, so I have updated to the latest BIOS version of the MB.
7 x RX580 cards works and being detected as usual.
But when I remove all these cards and just put the Red Devil RX6800 XT on the rig, Hiveos still doesnt detect the card.

I am having the same issue. If i plug it Red Devil 6800 XT into the 16x motherboard slot everything is fine, but if I use a riser with it HiveOS reports a error when butting up. Motherboard has updated BIOS and HiveOS is fresh image as of this time. Here is another post dealing with the same issue: Red Devil 6800XT mining woes

Hi,
Had the same issues, with the Red devil 6800 xt, tried many configurations with no success which lead me to think about a drivers related on hive os.

tried a different os like SMOS and all worked fine.

since my main rigs are on HiveOs and i would like to keep them on Hive, when the Dev guys will fix this issue and update the PowerColor Red devil 6800xt driver.

on SMOS the driver version is amd20.40r5.11.24

Is it possible to use the same driver on Hiveos if someone knows how to install it i’ll appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.