More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New to Mining Need Help!

I mined on NiceHash for a month or so and liked it, so I decided to build a new Open rig and go to Hive OS. I have a AsRock H110 Pro BTC+ M/B. I created and account on HiveOS and Flashed my SSD created my worker. I also downloaded my rig.conf file and put it on the SSD drive. Booted my rig up with NO GPU attached to it yet just to make it would boot and check the Bios settings and verify they were correct. Everything worked great up to that point. I then added my Nvidia GTX 1080 TI to my rig and booted it up again. Went to the worker I created and clicked on it to see if I could see the card. All I can see is the onboard graphics of the mother board. NO card showed up. I already have triple checked all power connections. I have changed out the riser.(GPURisers.com) the riser is powered because the RBG lights come on card. I plugged the PCIe card from the riser into different slots on the M/B already. All I can say is when I boot the rig up the GPU fans turn on for about 2 seconds and stop turning and only the RBG lights stay on. I did the linux command of gpu-detect list. all I got back was “No Nvidia GPU’s found or driver not loaded” The card is good I tested it and it work fine in my PC. It’s almost like HiveOS or the M/B is not seeing the card installed. I’ve tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue with no luck. Did I miss something? Where do I go from here? Anyone have any idea’s or had same problem? Help please… I’m lost.

what settings in the BIOS of the mobo did you modify?

not many changed PCIe slots to gen 2 and even change back to gen1. and the one that is for run more than 3 gpu’s and pretty much rest are at default it is a mining board.

the 4G encoding to on ?

yes that’s the one i mentioned above for more than 3 GPU’s

except AsRock doesn’t call it 4G encoding

try in BIOS primary display to be the GTX and plug in the monitor cable in it. disable the integrated from bios.

ok I’ll do that now. But the M/B does see the card because I can see it in the bios. brb

you still here?

there a setting in bios that says PCIE Power devices ON and it’s disabled. maybe should be on?

yeah try it because it needs to power the PCIE slots.

it didnt work :frowning:

The Mobo can see the card because when i go to PCIE detection it shows up in slot 2 on board. Do you have to load drivers for Nvidia in HiveOS?

if the mobo sees and you connected the video cable to it and monitor you have a display output right? you can see atleast bios settings or initial loading of the rig. so when you start loading the hiveOS it disappears? if so maybe Nvidia drivers are not good and you need to update maybe.

Did you disable the Secure boot in bios/UEFI ?

when I changed bios to graphics card and hooked up cable it didnt display anything on monitor

let me look to many post for new user. I cant respond any more Secure boot is disabled

the riser is not powered because of LED’s :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

its powered because the usb cable is the pcie communication and not power…

What the dude is saying is RGB is powered by the other cable on top or on the side of the card, the riser is powered by another cable and with the usb connected to the motherboards PCIE.

PCIe riser has 6 pin power cable plugged into it.