More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Nvidia 1063 : Claymore ETH :High CPU load [HELP]

First of all, sorry. I am using google translation to ask questions. If someone can answer for me, thank you very much.

I switched to Hive OS today for my mining. This is a good experience. But I have encountered some problems in hopes that someone can help me.
1: High CPU load
I mostly refer to the previous parameter settings when using Win10. However, the High CPU load displayed on the Hive OS is quite high. I tried to fine-tune my overclocking parameters. However, the reduced efficiency is quite limited. Do not know where the problem is.

2:Hashrate

Similarly, about Hashrate. I refer to the previous parameter settings when using Win10. The average rate displayed in the past has mostly 280 MH/s. However, in the current Hive OS, the average speed has dropped. Is this normal, or are there other ways to increase Hashrate?

Finally, the drawing shows a simple illustration of the four units currently in operation. Thank you for being able to read it here, and hopefully someone who knows Hive OS better will be able to help.

Thanks again
thank you very much
I wish good luck

Sorry, I note overclocking parameters.

Currently unified
CORE [-100]
MEM [1700]
FAN [90]
PL [70]

Seems as though your PL is too low, I ran into similar trouble and increasing PL fixed it. A low PL was resulting in many threads having high CPU usage, including kworker, nvidiasettings, and ethdcriminer64.

Dear boogie2432

According to your suggestion, I tried to increase the PL to 80. I found that Hashrate has obviously improved and it came to 290.
This is great. Thank you for your suggestion.
But as a test machine, the CPU load is still a bit high.
CPU load avg (1, 5, 15 min): 5.98 5.85 3.73
I guess this may be due to the fact that the fan adjustment value is at 90.
However, recent high temperatures are above 30 degrees Celsius
I also worry that the low fan speed will cause the machine’s operating temperature to be too high.
Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestion. I will further observe this side.

thank you very much

P.S: This is a GOOGLE translator. There may be something strange about grammar. Sorry.

Observing so far.
Will still appear: CPU load avg (1, 5, 15 min): 8.37 8.42 8.53
Current settings: CORE -100 MEM 1700 FAN 90 PL 80
PL tried to adjust to: 85
Continuous observation

Memory looks high, 1700 is pretty aggressive. No reason to underclock core.

I’d do +0 core, +1500 mem, 85w power limit, and see if that resolves the CPU load. When you run top from the command line, what processes are taking up the CPU?

Thank you for your suggestion.
I am currently testing
CORE -100 MEM 1700 FAN 90 PL 85 (Group 1)
Or
CORE 0 MEM 1700 FAN 90 PL 85 (Group 2)
These two setting parameters can effectively increase Hashrate.
But I found that applying the second set of values, the operation of the two machines will cause instability.
(A total of four are considered for testing)
One of the most stable settings is: CORE -100 MEM 1700 FAN 90 PL 85.
But applying it to other machines will cause instability, which is really a headache.
I’m trying to find out each value that can [low temperature] [lower power consumption] [higher Hashrate] [stable].
Increasing the voltage can effectively solve the high CPU load conditions. I’m testing MEM 1700~1500, which is the highest stability, and will test PL80~85, MEM 1500~1700, CORE -100~+100 slowly.
Which one can meet the relatively good efficiency of my machine.

Thank you very much for your advice.
For the option of viewing CPU-intensive programs, I will observe the setting parameters and confirm the status of the CPU program.

Thank you again for your suggestions. The status of follow-up observations will still be shared here.

I hope my experience can help people who also have such troubles :slight_smile:

P.S: This is GOOGLE’s translation. If there is grammatical weirdness, please excuse me.

Seems maybe PL did not fix it, this problem came back today. Other posts indicate it is some sort of problem with the nVidia driver and interrupts, etc. Hopefully someone from Hive can chime in.

The OhGodAnETHlargementPill option was discovered today in the Nvidia OC setup.
I wonder if anyone can briefly mention what the main function is.
The current test setting parameter is MEM 1600 FAN 90 PL 85.
There is a sense that using this setting parameter is not bad.
Try to apply this value to other machines for observation.

Continuous observation

P.S: This is a GOOGLE translation. If you feel strange grammar, please forgive me.

A problem has recently occurred. Some problems may arise on some machines.
On the 12-card machine, there is a condition where the fan of the graphics card is displayed as Fan = 0%.
The following error message appears when using gpu-fans-find

ERROR: Error assigning value 0 to attribute ‘GPUTargetFanSpeed’
(jga012:0[fan:8]) as specified in assignment
‘[fan:8]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=0’ (Unknown Error).

ERROR: Error resolving target specification ‘fan:11’ (No targets match target
Specification), specified in assignment ‘[fan:11]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=0’.

However, during the actual observation of the operation of the machine, it was found that all the display card fans are in continuous operation.

Is it when I stop the miner and enter the gpu-fans-find command
Should all fans stop completely?

I found that when I enter the gpu-fans-find command, 1 to 2 of the graphics card fans will still run

Trying to catch the problem…

Enter gpu-fans-find
Reopen the miners after some time
appear

Thinking about debugging:(

OhGodAnETHlargementPill 這個選項是提供給 1080TI 使用的,能提高算力到 50 多一些。對於 1063 並沒有用處。

至於 1063 的調試值,我的數值如圖示,算力大約在 24.xx 穩定。但是要看你 1063 的記憶體顆粒品牌,通常三星顆粒才有 24 的效能,美光大約在 22~23 左右。

而且 Hive OS 對於單卡的設定很敏感,我在 Win10 上能穩定跑的設定,在 Hive OS 上必須要針對單卡微調設定才會穩定,但是這個作法同時提供給我很好的算力結果。

提供給你參考

[quote=“oceanwang;3251”]OhGodAnETHlargementPill 這個選項是提供給 1080TI 使用的,能提高算力到 50 多一些。對於 1063 並沒有用處。

至於 1063 的調試值,我的數值如圖示,算力大約在 24.xx 穩定。但是要看你 1063 的記憶體顆粒品牌,通常三星顆粒才有 24 的效能,美光大約在 22~23 左右。

而且 Hive OS 對於單卡的設定很敏感,我在 Win10 上能穩定跑的設定,在 Hive OS 上必須要針對單卡微調設定才會穩定,但是這個作法同時提供給我很好的算力結果。

提供給你參考

http://forum.hiveos.farm/uploads/editor/h9/99rewvag2x3j.png[/quote]

這真是太感謝了!!
我的少數機器中偶爾會出現
Claymore Reboot: WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner :frowning:
這個訊息
看來我必須單獨的一張一張去設置超頻參數才能夠讓我的機器更穩定的運作

另外,關於OhGodAnETHlargementPill這個選項
我有台1066非常的怪,不開這個選項他彈出GPU錯誤訊息重開的機率相當之高
但是我勾了這個選項開啟之後頻率下降了?
(從一天十幾次降到個位數)
呃…這不知道是我的心理因素還是一種出乎意料之外的狀況
也許是剛好在這段時間他跑得比較穩定?囧?
這幾天都一直在觀察機器的運作狀況

另外我想跟您請問
你最下列咖啡色的WD跟claymore是代表什麼數值設定呢?
我並沒有在我的HIVEOS找到類似的選項?
(也可能是我還沒有更深的摸透這個系統的使用)

另外關於顆粒的部分
呃,我當初在WIN系統上作業的時候我是有去記我的顯卡顆粒
但轉HIVEOS之後我整個都忘記=_=
我只記得我三星,海力士,美光這三種的顯卡都有
(等等,這麼一說我整個有點混亂,因為我1063.1066.1070.1070ti.這幾種卡片我都有用到= =!!)
而目前我1063部分的設定,我大多平均都讓一台跑到285~295之間(12卡)
所以平均下來我一台卡差不多都是24左右
在此忽然發現,這或許是我常常出現Claymore Reboot: WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner :frowning: 錯誤的原因,或許一方面是我沒有做好單卡的超頻微調,一方面是我沒注意到顆粒的部分讓他超頻過頭了

您的回覆真是讓我一語驚醒夢中人
看來我必須要再次的一台一台的調適我的機器
(這感覺起來會是個讓人無從著手的大工程)

無論如何,非常非常的感謝oceanwang!!

我試著把所有的參數從
MEM 1500
FAN 90
PL 85
這種統一的參數設定
分開變成
MEM 1500 1500 1500 1500 1450 1500 1500 1500 1450 1500 1500 1500
FAN 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90
PL 85 85 85 85 88 85 85 85 88 85 85 85

其中一台機器設定是這樣

結果我常常出現的問題解決了

本來Hive OS 控制介面會出現

(上圖為其他台還沒設定的問題機器)

單獨分開設定之後變成

(這張圖是我常出現問題的機器做設定之後的現況)

這真是太好了

CPU LOAD 105%!! :frowning:

что интересно с 3 1050ti все нормально. стоит добавить 1060 3гб

[quote=“Mishka;3312”]CPU LOAD 105%!! :frowning:
что интересно с 3 1050ti все нормально. стоит добавить 1060 3гб[/quote]

I try to increase my PL value.
This was helpful at the time to stabilize my machine.
(includes CPU load avg)
At the moment I am still observing whether my settings are more stable.
Do you want to try to increase the PL value first?

P.S: This is a GOOGLE translation. If you feel strange grammar, please forgive me.
P.S 2: My GOOGLE TRANSLATOR has no way to translate your text so that I can understand what it really means. I can only make guesses. I am sorry if I understand it wrong.

thank you. i will try to increase power limit.
I will report the results.
but separately 1050 work perfectly without glitches

power limit usually 75 for 1060 and 60 for 1050ti.
but in this case 85 and 70.
problem is not gone.
:frowning:

I had this issue and i switched in the Bios of my Motherboard (H81 PRO BTC R2.0) from Gen1 to Gen2. This fixed the high CPU usage.

you could also check the cpu load in the terminal with the command “htop” does claymore really is the problem thread?