More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Nvidia 3080 is only getting ~40 MH/s

So If I was using an underclock in windows with MSI afterburner of -200 core, -200 mem, to achieve the same settings in HiveOS I would need -400 core, -400 mem? Why is this?

Not the core, just the memory. I’m not exactly sure why, but it has something to do with Windows O/S and using MSI Afterburner to OC/UC. I know Afterburn uses power percentages, whereas Hive uses the actual watts. The memory needs to be doubled in Hive. As an example, if you have -200 core, 1200 memory and 60%power with a card capable of 360watts in MSI, Hive settings would be -200 core, 2400 memory and 216 watts. Again, not exactly sure why but I believe it has to do with the Windows environment/interpretation of settings.

I have a 3080 eagle and I managed to take it to 97mhs with thermal mass and fat on its memories, and a good industrial fan applying wind to it.
temperature 64 °, no oc

98MHs In a single plate it seems to me like a dream! How interesting, these MHs did you get after you changed the folders that protect from the temperature or with the original one?

I had to replace their original memory thermal pads on the heat sink and then add additional ones on the back plate of a Gigabyte 3080. I tried just adding the backplate thermal pads, but it eventually throttled again, so you need to replace theirs and add some on the back. I made a video that will be posted today and will link it.

2 Likes

Thermal Pad Install https://youtu.be/5XYGC3PivVM

Hi ,

I have a PNY 3080 TI 12gb revel XLR8 which I have change the thermal pads, but still I can’t make it work over 66MHs. I am using the 460.84 driver. Any suggestions to reach the 95MHs…

Thanks!

3080ti are LHR, you’ll never reach that hashrate

Hey Dude, I follow your steps with my two Gigashit 3080 and BOOM, from 62 MH/s to 97 MH/s.

Thank you so much!

My pleasure. Glad this helped!

Is there an update or something one can do to get better hash rate out of a 3080 that is LHR

I have the same problem .what brand did you buy and in what mills?

is heat problem 100%
i place 4 dedicate fan around the card without repaste or anything like that,i take out the auto fan from hiveos and i put the card fan at 90% and immediately ashrate jump to 101,keep it cool and will work!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.