More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 6 Gb wrong identification

Hello, everyone!

Recently I faced a problem with one of my four GTX 1060 cards. Suddenly HiveOS became to identify it as NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] (rev a1) . As the result this card doesn’t work.

Does anyone has any idea what could happen? I’ve tried to switch raisers, but no result. Raisers work correct.

1 Like

could be
1- GPU power issue
2- Riser issues
3- Faulty GPU

2 Likes

Hi dud, I have the same problem, could u solve it?

make sure PCIe power connector on the GPU connected properly

2 Likes

the same problem, everything seems to be right for me, now I’ll see

Hi friends, my renamed card has became ok now, I’ll say the steps I did below:

1. I seprated all the power and usb cables from the mb in a way I could bring the mb out, so did I with risers.
  2. clean all parts from risers to motherbord slots, etc with a blower, even all cards, accurately.
  3. I replug all the connections in a different way, I mean change the places of mulexes and satas…, and then turn on the rig, I should notice that the bios of mb had been reset, I think due to the sepration of every thing from that, any way, i didnt change any thing in bios except those were necessary such as: boot or maybe pci setting that I put on auto, I guess.To sum up, the card name was renamed to its origin, gtx 1060 zotac…, I exactly don’t know because of each, but it became alright, I hope it would be helpful for you, and unfortunately still I don’t have hash​:confused: however, I hope ur rigs can be ok, too. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I think it can help, let’s see

1 Like

I hope so…

Didn’t get? Xplain more plz، post withdrawn?..

Hi all,

I had similar issue when my GTX 1060 6gb is not recognized in Hiveos and it shows GP106 [Geforce GTX 1060 6GB], I was able to solve it. This issue is caused by a VRAM chip memory corruption due to a bad cooling of the card. Here is how I solved it:

• first you need to detect which VRAM chip has caused this issue. I followed the youtube tutorial to find which VRAM chip is not working properly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9ja6OYLAY
  • Here is my report resulting from the memory testing

• Once you identify the VRAM chip, then you need to apply the heat gun on this VRAM chip for at least 12 minutes (250° to 300°) in order to correct issue with the chip soldering

• wait that the card is cooled (about 15 minutes) and replug it to check whether this solved the issue.

It worked for me like a charm and I applied to one single card, I have still 3 of them with the same failing issue.

Hope this will help you to recover your cards

any news if it worked to your 3 other cards?

I didn’t had time to apply this to my other 3 cards. I will let you know if this worked for the others cards

@kaitracid99 what type of heatgun you used? care to share a link or image of the heatgun?

Hey everyone,

i have issue with a gtx 1060 6Gb from China. I can install it on hiveos with latest driver (455-460). It only works with the 390 and then the card show up with only 2gb of memory. Obviously i can’t mine anything then.
I tried to use MODS/MATS but i always get an error message : “RopL2Mask() returns 0 for Physical Fbp Num 0!RopL2Mask() returns 0 for Physical Fbp Num 1!RopL2Mask() returns 0 for Physical Fbp Num 2!Invalid register 0x356000 1 specified for this GPU
Segmentation fault”

Did someone have any idea how to solve that?