More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Oc settings help for 1070/1080 mixed card rig

Hi everyone,

Been having trouble with my rig. I just added a 1080 to my 2 1070 rig with more varying cards on the way.

Overclocking hasn’t been an issue until I’ve tried running the ethpill for the 1080. Enabling the pill under just that card enables it under all cards in the oc settings for some reason.

Ok…so I check to see how to set the params in the eth pill, because for some reason if you turn it on for one card it turns on for all. Literally just put 0 in for device 0 (the 1080) and the rig ran for about 8 hours before crashing. I hadn’t even bothered to limit it’s power yet, as I wanted to minimize what could be causing issues.

It works fine with the two 1070s. It works fine with the 1080 alone. It works fine w/o the ethpill (1080 + 2x1070). With it, and the 0 param to make sure only it gets the pill it works for about 8 hours before crashing.

Thoughts anyone? Any and all help is appreciated.

My rig does the same thing.

i’m hoping someone can help find a workaround to this or tell me if im doing something wrong, because if the computer boots with the ethpill in the oc settings none of the nvidia cards work. They show 0 hash, but if I manually OC after they are already running it overclocks the 1080 properly.

Not sure if im making proper user of the params for the ethpill either.

Been running version 0.6-185@210111

Doesn’t seem to have the ETHPill issues. Newer versions might work for 12-48 hours but then it starts crashing. They always say they’ve fixed the issue in release notes but nope; so very wary to latch on to new releases as they can cause hours of downtime and troubleshooting.

Good to know, maybe i’ll try reverting to your build to see if that does it. Thank you.

Anybody have any luck correcting this issue? I have one 1080 and ethpill was working on 0.6-195@210201 but my system crashed after reaching heat shut off. Once back up and running, ethpill won’t run without causing errors. I either get an error for no heat temp or I get a illegal driver error for one of the gpu’s which changes each time the system tries to reboot. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I’m facing similar issues. Currently I have 3x 1070 and 2x1080. As soon as I activate the pill it will be active also for all the 1070. It will run fine for about 60 min and crash…

Any ideas?

I just discovered the same issue. Has anyone had any luck solving it? Software patch in the works maybe? I am going to try moving my 1080 to an all AMD rig. I hope it doesn’t cause other issues.

I am having the same issue. I enable the pill on the GTX 1080 using the card parameter (0) but this will cause all cards to stop mining.

So a workaround to this issue is to not use the OhGodAnETHlargementPill for a mixed rig with a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti. Instead use the memory tweak options on various miners. I currently use t-rex with the following parameter (I have 5 cards, using the memory tweak only on GPU 0)

"mt":"1,0,0,0,0"

Also, this requires me to not use any overclocking on the memory (value 0 instead of the usual 1200 mhz), but it gives me a similar hashrate as the pill with memory 1200

2 Likes

can you share a screenshot please. im trying to follow but am not having success. trying to do this with just the 1080 in the rig first, then I’ll add other gpus.

my extra parameters reads like this:

“worker”: “%WORKER_NAME%”
“coin”:"%COIN%"
“mt”:“1”

1 Like

ah snap this worked, guess i was impatient. thank you so much!

Great, please note that you need to change the parameter to “1, 0” (add one 0 for each new card you add) so that the memory tweak is not used for the new cards.

1 Like

I just stumbled in here, but I’m not seeing the issue here?
I have a 1080ti that I run, I enable the pill (same thing, it enables it for all GPUs) and everything is hunky dory. Doesn’t seem to affect the other GPUs?

Hi all. I had the same issues as above (namely a mixed 1070 / 1080 rig having major issues with Ethpill causing crashing). Just wanted to say thanks @bmminer for the memory tweak info! Really helpful and my 1080’s are up from 23MHs to 33MH/s. :grinning:

I know you mentioned to zero the mem clock setting on the 1080’s - but what do you guys have for your Core and PL settings?

1 Like

I am not sure if I remember correctly but I think on the GTX 1080 it was -300 core and 135w power

Actually it was -400: GTX 1080 25.6Mh/s with pill activated in HiveOS - #5 by bmminer

Ah, no. The example you gave above was one where you left ETHPill switched off and tweaked the mem instead. so i was wondering what your core and power settings were for that.

Just read through you linked post re: making ETHPill work with Overclocking - would you recommend that instead?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.