More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Only getting 27 MH/s with an RTX 2070

Currently have a single GPU an RTX 2070. It’s only getting 27 MH/s. Most places that I look up say I should be able to get 35MH/s to 40MH/s. Does anyone know what is going on?

45 mh/s

Update: So it turns out this was a problem using Windows as my OS. As soon as a swapped to HiveOS and used some over clock settings I was able to get 44 mh/s.

TLDR:
Don’t use windows for mining.

@mehmet can you clarify what you mean by these numbers and what power draw you get?
I am using:
+Core Clock of -220
Memory Clock is 1700
Fan is 70
Power Limit is 125W
And I get 42.5 MH/s with a claimed draw of 125W

1 Like

Is it safe to overclock these cards past 1000MHz? Below are my settings and am getting 42-43 MH/s with an uptime now of 4h 26m.

For a 2070rtx I would not push the core clock at all I would recommend reducing it to -500. The reason for this is that the core clock does not give that much of a boast to your hash rate. It can most likely handle it however. Nvidia cards are pretty safe to push hard, because if their is ever an error what would cause damage it will just restart the machine to avoid damage. My recommendation however just for wear n tear would to reduce the core clock to -500 and try pushing the mem clock to 1900 or 2000

I get highest MH/s when I lower core to -500…

1 Like

Yeah I get similar results to yours, here is my card settings incase anyone want’s them. I only have my card set to 125w but we do have different manufactures so maybe 140 is good for you.

I boosted the core past 500 since the new update to HiveOS changes the core clock to absolute core clock (no idea how it works or what it does) but somehow reduces the power consumption considerably. In my case, over 100W lower.

Those are some wild numbers man. I have an EVGA RTX 2070 and I set my core clock at -180 and my mem clock to +1850 and my power limit at 130 watts and I’m rocking about 43.4 MH/s and it’ll do that for weeks at a time just like it has been. If I down clock my core clock any more than that my hash rate crashes and doesn’t recover.

Wonder why that is I’ve seen some similar things online about only reducing it to -200 for core clock. For me I never get any substantial different if I mess with the core clock. The only difference is that I’m using an MSI 2070 and your using EVGA 2070. I didn’t think manufacturer made much of a difference. By any chance do you get your card used? That 2070 was new for me since I got my hand on it before the GPU prices when through the roof.

Yeah I bought mine used off of Merkari, I think I gave about 600 bucks for it 5 or 6 months ago. Mine only goes over 37-38 mega hashes if I reduce the core clock. If I leave it just at base zero I’m only getting about 37.

Hello everyone, I have a evga rtx 2070 with micron memory. As of 8/7/21. these setting are giving me a stable 43.04 mh/s at 105w.
Please shoot me a message if anything. Good luck mining. Thanks

and here is my setting im getting almost 43.8 hash on 107watt stable