More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Out of Memory error

I keep getting an out of memory error after hours of mining and not sure how to correct it.

Rig: 5x RX 5600 XT’s 6GB, 16gb Flash Drive. Using the HiveOs Beta.

Do I need to get a larger flash drive or use an SSD?

I guess it’s RAM not SSD. Seems like memory leaks … which miner are you using?

5.6.0-200909-hiveos-beta

Here is an image of the Out of Memory error received. Not sure if this is because one of the 5 cards became unstable during mining or if I do need to replace the RAM stick on the system.

1 Like

Seems driver issue known as memory leaks

I’m getting the same thing also with 5.6.0-200909-hiveos-beta and using teamredminer latest version. The miner keeps on mining though for now. I’m currently using one 4 gb memory stick. Also - using a 120gb SSD

It’s likely a stability issue from what i’ve found. Change the clocks around either you aren’t running enough power or your memory clocks are too high… I found it really has nothing to do with memory at all and I believe is a GPU memory error when an error occurs.

Try adding this parameter to your config. --eth_4g_max_alloc=4078; this fixed the issue for me, it’ll cap the DAG for 4GB cards. You may need to decrease the allocastion by 2mb until you can find stable. (Thanks TiasJ!)

@KGrossi what’s your rig setup? Where do you put this configuration? In Phoenix miner configuration?

Did you fix it? I’m having the same issue

12GB ram and 32GB USB stick

HiveOS v164
4x sapphire pulse 5700xt
4x gigabyte 5700xt
Can’t get 9th and 10th stable keeps getting out of memory error.

Asrock H110+ pro BTC

5700 XT seems to have this issue all the time… it hadn’t ran stable in over a month… always a constant reboot or update but it never fixes the issue

My rig with 6 rx570’s just started a similar issue.
I can get 4 cards to run but adding the 5th and 6th cause instability.
What is the current best resolution to fix this?

Overclock settings reduced to defaults…
See error images.

Have you tried lolminer? It is a lot more stable. I get this OOM killer a lot less. You could also create a SWAP file on your harddrive.

Also try changing PCIE speed, try different settings. Some say Gen1 is better, some say Gen2, but I have found AUTO for my motherboard works the best.

Also make sure CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in BIOS is off, you need to keep a monitor attached to a display card somewhere. CSM doesn’t like headless machines.

I also increased my RAM to 16GB, but the longer you run the rig, the higher the memory usage. So I had to create a 32GB swap file on the hard drive. But I have not fully solved it. So I will keep you posted.

Hi
I don’t know how to solve this problem.