More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Power consumption confusion RX6600XT rig

Good day all

I got my rig with 4x RX6600XT GPUs which seems to be running avg 64W each. Rig was build on below setup.

So.ehow consumption shows 711W while meter on a plug shows 335W.

I got few questions.

1. Is 64W good for those GPU in your opinion?
  2. How low should I be aming for?
  3. Which power should I be going for and if hiveos shows wrong how to make it right?

Uploading: 20211229_122302.jpg…

Hi, hope happy mining on hiveos.

1- It’s optimal for 6600XT
2- Search on the web for best config, these settings vary too much even in two cards with same part numbers.
3- Hiveos is calculating power consumption approximately, and it’s not always correct.
you can improve it by changing values in worker setting:

• Hardware power consumption, watts
  • Power supply unit efficiency, %

Should be more in the 52-58w indicated range, min/max core clock, voltages and memory clock per each card

1 Like

I actually done it last night to get
Fan 35
Core 980
VDD 635
Mem 1150

Result is 32.91MH with 54W along with 45/65 deg.

The meter at plug was showing 304W.

I think I can consider it happy result. :wink:

Still wonder how to control the consumption readouts as I want to put 2 more GPUs and want to make sure my power distribution with my 850W PSU

Just noticed…

#e12ror thanks for help. As you might notice I got better results now and I will work further on more accurate consumption numbers. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Allias, there is a long and detailed thread on the 6600XTs here;

As already mentioned, the power consumption figures in HiveOS are not accurate for AMD GPUs (think thats a driver shortcoming not a problem with HiveOS)

To ensure you don’t overload your 850w PSU I would use 850w x 80% capacity => 680w max continuous load. Make sure the reading at the wall does not exceed 680w. I would suggest testing this without any OCs set so the GPUs will be pulling their default load. That way if your rig crashes and automatically reboots in the middle of the night and does not apply OCs correctly (it does happen occasionally) you won’t melt power cables or overload your PSU. btw, the PSU will probably shutdown if it gets too hot or is in a overloaded state.

I had 6x 6600XTs running very happily on a EVGA 750w PSU for several months without problems.

Thank you very much for those comments as it is exacly what I was looking for.

Perfect :+1::crazy_face:

1 Like

@Allias, super glad that helped you.
To be honest you can probably safely go to 90% PSU capacity but I kinda have a mental note to buy another PSU when I go over 80-85% capacity, nobody wants a rig fire :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.