More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Problem with OC and stable Hive OS using AMD GPUs

Hi there,
I‘m new into Hive OS and I do use 2x RX5700 and 2x RX5700xt for mining.

1. Stable HiveOS
After booting the Miner starts mining automatically - on every miner. After a while (20s / 2 Min / 30 min) the miner stops mining sporadically.

2. Freeze after applying an overclock
This problem is always the case. As soon as I try to overclock and apply the miner stops and needs a reboot. 99% of the time the OS freezes. Additionally I always see the upcoming lines as shown in the attached picture.

Is there anybody, that is able to help me with that?

Kind Regards

Mainboard: h110 pro btc+
Processor: i3-7100
RAM: DDR4 8GB

Check your oc settings at your cards …in maintenance mode…

1 Like

Thank you! Didn’t know this, this solved my problem so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Feel free to message me… Happy mining

This happens to me aswell. Most likely an unstable bios or your OC is too high for your Video Card. For me it runs stable and I need to stop my miner then make changes and restart the miner.

Can you explain this a little more? I’m having the same issue with my gigabyte rx5700xt’s. Mine for 30 min and freezes. Phoenix miner reboots and then the rig freezes on reboot. I have to hard reboot it and then start the cycle again. It was super stable for weeks and the last few days have been nothing but this.

I checked my OC settings on the card, not in maintenance mode, I don’t think, and this captures a few of the cards. I have 5 5700s and 3 570s. Running a biostar btc250 pro and 8gb ram.

For 5700xt core 1350 vdd 800 mem 900 vddci 850
for 570 core 1150~1200 vdd 850~900 mem 2000~2100 vddci 850~900
All above OC depents of the quality of cards… Some brands its ok same others not…

If your Phoenix miner restarts , maybe check Team red miner …

After you apply changes in rig’s restart the miner …

1 Like

reset oc to default even tried new templates
still no joy

Hi sir how to check it’s a maintenance mode or not?

Thanks

Hello, Just saw your messages.
I actually have a problem with the installation of my HIVE OS. As you can see on the picture bellow, look what is written. I can’t keep on going to the next step and make this work.
Can you help me? Thank you for your time.
Sorry for my english, I’m french.

Hi,

Hi,
Are u running from usb stick or ssd drive?
What program u use to flash hiveos?

Hi again,

Thank you for ur fast reply.
I use and usb stick and GPU program.
And as showed on the below picture, it always freezes at this line of command, the last line on the screen.

Write your hiveos image again ,and use the balena etcher program for writing images ( balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives ) or the program Rufus ( Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way ) … if the problem consists PM…

Ok thank you but I already tried this manip with Bâle a and it didn’t work. No other idea ?
By the way, thank you again

Check your ram … if u have another stick maybe its time to use it…

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.