More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

PSU set up for BTC-T37 Mining motherboard Set 8 GPU

Ive just received this SZMZ Mining motherboard Set 8 GPU from China

Its powered from a ATX power 24pin

My PSU Server breakout board only connects with 6 pins, so I will use this for powering my GPU,s.

What are your thoughts on powering the MotherBoards ATX 24 pin with this PSU taken from a Aspire XC600 desktop pc?

Also if anyone else has used this MB ,are there any set up issues you found?

Thanks

Hi Swifty.
As you are owner of btc-t37 could you help me?
I bought broken t37 for repair, and there is missing one square chip (there is letter B near) between procesor and vga.
Could you read this chip ID for me?
I did a screenshot: btc - YouTube

regards

Dzidziaka

Heres a picture, let me know if you need any more info

Is there any description on the square, left chip?
I cannot recognize anything even you photo is pretty good.
Could you try to read the description on this chip for me, please?

Best regards

Dzidziaka

you probably already solved your own problem. like many in here. you need a 1000w PSU to drive this board without over loading the PSU.
8 x 70w for the PCIE power drivers and about 200w to run the CPU and power up the board. Comes out at 760w. add another 20% so you are only running the PSU under 80% load and you need 1000w

just a guide, but will give you performance and some overhead if your board draws a bit more power.

There is some description but I can’t make it out.I will look again tomorrow when their is daylight

Yes 1000w PSU is the route im thinking of once I get some more working GPU’s

1 Like

like what, I’ll send you a magnifying glass :slight_smile:

Ok I got someone with better eyesight than myself :grinning:
they reckon it says

RT6 167A
GOW

Swifty.
You are my master! :+1:
Got it: RT8167A GQW
Thanks a lot!
If you need help on drones, 3d printing, photovoltaic, powerwalls, electronic, linux, petrol sites (I was working in BP 20 years as Linux senior site systems administrator) please contact me :grinning:
Thanks again. You was so helpful for me.

Dzidziaka

Glad to of been some help. :grinning:

If you know anything about Water Cooling Rigs,then pleas jump over here
https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/most-silent-water-cooling-rig-set-up/59164

I also still can’t get this RX580 of mine to work
https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/unknown-error-when-connecting-to-hiveos-with-rx-580/55748/1

Also please post what your doing with your btc-t37 , ive got 2 x rx580 on mine at the moment .Im thinking of buying another 3 x 6600xt and then move the other 5 of my 6600xt to give a 8 x 6600xt riderless rig. Think the size of the cards will fit well.Ive just got research a little about a fan set up.I really love how quite these 6600xt are and. how efficient.

Thanks again for your help.

I have no experience on Water cooling Rigs, I have WC on my Ryzen system only.

Your RX580 have a problem with GPU initialising. You can observe it in linux log (please type dmesg | grep drm with this only one card and share the output).

Sometimes lower/upper gpu/memory clock/voltage in bios card can help. Sometimes there is a problem with riser/motherboard/pci-e slot, where the card is sitting.

I can log into your system if you want (we can make a tunnel through ssh) and check the logs/get your card bios for analyse.

I ordered RT8167A on ali, now I’am waiting.
If btc-t37 wake up with new chip I planning move my 2 rigs (4x rx580, 1x r9 390 8GB, 2x rx480 4GB) to one.

6600xt is like rx580, 5700xt is about doble of MH comparing them.
I’am slipping with my 3th rig (rtx3080 & rx5700 = 150MH) without any problem :grinning:

please share output of dmesg | grep amd too

Screenshots of card

Hope you can solve the problem :crossed_fingers:

As you see, there is a problem with gpu. Sometimes bumping/lowering voltage/clock can help. Please save card’s bios and send to me: [email protected]
Bios is stock?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.