More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Reduce Watts and Temp Memory with 5700 and 5700XT

FYI:

jgonzi requires payment and shell acces to your rig. DO NOT GIVE ANY OF THIS TO HIM, most likely a scammer

Don’t worry you can try atitool and do it like others did it… you didn’t donate too… so enjoy with you more Watts and more heat in your memory… If you are not able to run a simple script… how you Will be able to do a complicate one…

Next time ask you technical and ask me how it is payed the hour of a computer help… after that think about it :slight_smile:

Meanwhile try to run the very free simple script of atitool

Thanks for tip! It saved me ~60W on 12GPU rig.

How to do it and add this script to autostart:

cd ~
wget https://github.com/patrickschur/atitool/raw/master/atitool.tar.xz
tar xvf atitool.tar.xz
mv atitool /usr/local/bin
nano script.sh

Paste code into script (example for 12GPU):

atitool -socclk=950 -i=0 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=1 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=2 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=3 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=4 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=5 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=6 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=7 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=8 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=9 &
atitool -socclk=959 -i-10 &
atitool -socclk=950 -i=11 & 

Save and exit (save - ctrl + o, exit - ctrl + x):

chmod +x script.sh
export EDITOR=nano; crontab -e

At the and of the file add this command:

@reboot sleep 60 && /home/user/script.sh

Save and exit (save - ctrl + o, exit - ctrl + x)

reboot rig:

shutdown -r now

Note: some cards have this settings from the beginning so changing it will not change anything. You can check it by typing command amd-info

1 Like

The Tip was from me :slight_smile: … it is so easy to copy and paste and not to learn. And when you ask to be paided for the work and investigation… I been called Scamer…

Nice work I think the last & you don’t need it…

My auto mod is without Atitool… and faster but this ez script works…

I made this settings in bios, works too…great hint, thx for that. saves a lot of watts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Another good solution…

Hey man, great that you gave it to the community. Where should the crontab be stored? nano opens and stores it in the “tmp” directory. So it is always gone after next reboot.

If you want more information or the automatic and instant Soc Mod that works on reboot contact me private… so know the price of the mod.

you can try with turn on X and add scripts to /home/user/xinit.user.sh
or
crontab -e -u user
and add to user @reboot

1 Like

He anopak, where shall I save the crontab? (in which folder?)

crontab -e
this edit the crontabfile

I know. But I doesn’t work. I put the @reboot… at the end of the master file in “etc”. when I reboot my changes are lost. strange

FOR ANYONE COULDN’T APPLY command
“atitool -socclk=950 -i=x”

• must downgrade sys through Shell or directly, via command “hive-replace -l” and set option 6 (Beta 2)
  • after downgrading do a “selfupgrade”, reboot , form a script from @buggie post, do a “shutdown -r now” and ENJOY!

Ot they can contact me and I made the special and fast mod :slight_smile: … that it will go automatically and faster
[email protected]

I am using the B250 mining edition MB with 14 5700 XT cards. The Beta 2 version would crash during bootup.

If you contact me… that will be 14x5w =70w x h less and it will go automatically…

Hmm.
Whole my boards are old AMD AM3+ and working like a charm. With Official Beta image on my rigs working only TeamRED miner and no other…

I have working with the 5700XT with this mod:
Ethminer
Phoenixminer
TRM
Claymore
Nbminer
… All are working why you only TRM?

Are you using nicehash connection? You need to make something of miners like Phoenixminer…

same thing here, seems we are working on some temp partition of Hive maybe ?