More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig keeps going OFFLINE

Are you using USB Pen Drive or a HD SDD or similar??

Started having this issue after adding a new card in Thursday and upgrading the hive. My other rig is fine I didn’t upgrade the hiveos version and won’t be now. Anyone fix it yet? I suspect I can reverse the os update but am unable to try that at the moment.

After spending way too much time on this, I’ve determined the system is not just going offline, it is freezing. The script I had running to confirm the system is online does not run, confirming there is no fix except to use the IFTTT suggestion I’ve seen on other threads that restart the machine when it freezes. It is completely possible my overclock is causing the issue, but I can’t find any way to identify the issue. I’ve looked at logs, I’ve added fans, I’m not sure what else I can do. I do have the system running on a usb stick, but I don’t think that is the issue.

Nothing I mentioned prior worked. At this time I’m updated the bios for my rig motherboard using details from this post. I’ll post back once I confirm if this works.

Ill try with Rive OS…

I believe p8icer is correct. The rig doesn’t just stop mining or go offline, the OS completely freezes. A couple days ago I tried plugging the frozen rig into a display, and the screen just flickered on and off. I have spent some time writing a script that is supposed to reboot a rig if it’s offline or if there are issues with the GPUs, mostly to troubleshoot what’s happening when the rig freezes. It seems to work sometimes, but other times it doesn’t. I think the only reliable way is probably to have an external system ping the hiveos api to see if the rig is online, and if it’s not, send a command to the smart plug to restart.

The script is at the below link if anyone’s interested in testing it out. It runs as a systemd service 5 min after boot and every 7 min after that.

1 Like

Update, I made the BIOS changes highlighted in the below post and my rig has been up for 24 hours now. I recommend checking it out and making the BIOS adjustments outlined in this post. You can also search the HiveOS website for BIOS settings, and they have some listed as well.

1 Like

Hello,

I changed the “BIOS drivers” of the motherboard for other version older, and everything solved!!! Finally!!

Is everyone’s problem solved?

Yeah, this is definitely an issue. I am missing over 8 hours and it just continues back up after that.

And on a side note after all these updates I am still not sure why my gigabyte rx 6800 is still showing xxx-xxx-xxx??

I didn’t have the same bios settings as the individual in the link posted by @p8icer. My rigs run on an Asus Z390-A Prime motherboard with a 3.7 GHz Intel i5 9600k cpu. I watched a couple YouTube videos describing the process of overclocking the cpu to stabilize it and changed the settings in the attached screenshots. My rigs have been running stable now for about 12 hours.

That is known a Gigabyte “feature” masking the BIOS version. It is not harming anything for an operating GPU. Just a pain in the rear.

Hi all - I seem to have the same problem where my rig (12*3060 Ti) shows as offline and my Dicord bot gives me a notification. it immeditaley then comes online again. Image below shows the intermittent offline/online cut-outs. Anyone have any ideas for me to try? Randomly started doing this in the last few days.

The gaps are API delays.

There is one gap with a hash drop, while interesting, it may be an anomaly.

It does not appear you are posting the Hashrate, so I’ll assume you are not mining on HiveOn Pool.

Does the pool you are mining to show you are still mining continuously? If so, ignore it.

Thanks @Grea. I reasearched this and found the same answer on an alternate thread. I’ll try manually change to a different API (hopefully with a lower latency) and see if it goes away.
To answer your question, i see a continuous hashrate on the pool side with no drop-outs.

Any luck with the problem clearing? Can you post the thread you found? Having the same issue and its getting worse in recent days. Likewise, my pools do not show any drop outs. Its at the point where sleep is being affected because of the ‘offline’ alert notifications throughout the night.

I am having this issue every 30 minutes.

I have 3 rigs, 6x2060 on a BTC37 Motherboard (I don’t suggest these); an AMD rig with 4x5700xt and 1 Radeon VII on an Asrock H110 Pro Mobo (I love this board); and 8x1600s and 2x3090 on an Asus B250 Mining Expert.

The last rig will go offline first after mining for 30-40 minutes. The other 2 rigs will always go off within a minute of each other. All my cards are running around 55C with autofan and watchdog script.

Mining on to Atomic wallet from Ezil pool, using Lolminer on Nvidia rigs and Team Red Miner on AMD rig.

It is not a network issue as my ASICS on the same LAN have no issues.

I previously had continuous uptimes with no breaks.

I will try to:

1. Rollback HiveOS
  2. Update BIOS settings on Mobo
  3. Adjust OC settings
  4. OC the CPU

I will update here if anything works for anyone still having this issue. I hope to have it solved as it’s extremely frustrating having almost 1GHS go offline so often.

You can see here Delta went off about 7 minutes before Alpha and Gamma. Beta is an empty Mobo for now,

Tried shutting off the watchdog script and auto fan?

The dependencies sound external. Power, communications, networking consumption(ASIC’s may not care), etc.

I get stales bursts on the other rigs at my location when my bigger rigs have issues. Settles in a few minutes, but it may be enough to trigger your watchdogs.

Here’s the post describing the solution to false offline notifications

The server url of two of my rigs that were having connection problems was set to http://helsinki.hiveos.farm for some reason (the rest were set to http://api.hiveos.farm). I ran the net-test command a few times and changed the server url for each of my rigs to the url with the lowest ping, which in my case is http://ca1.hiveos.farm. After changing the bios settings as described above, and changing the server urls, I’m no longer having rigs going offline and very rarely get false offline notifications.