More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig network crash after adding 3060 ti

Hello

I have a mining rig with a gtx 1080 and a 2080 super. Some day ago I added a new Palit 3060 ti. First 5 minutes worked without a problem. Later the rig started crashing. But it didn’t restart or something. The connected monitor freezed but I was able to move the cursor. In Hiveos web interface it showed me to be offline. And strangely enough, the TV, which is also connected via Ethernet, no longer has a connection either. As soon as I switch off the rig, all devices work again. In windows 10 I had no problems running the 3060 ti with the same overclocks. I even lowered them.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. English is not my mother language

1 Like

hey bro, did you managed to resolve your problem?

I struggle the same issue with my new Palit 3060ti - my screen simply freezes, whilst mining crashes in the backghround.

I tried this GPU with the previous driver versions but still problem persists. Please help!

Did you guys resolve this? I’m also having the same issues as you describe with new ASUS 3060 ti LHR card.

Hey guys

I lowered my memory clock to something like +1000. After this adjustment it worked fine for me. I have no clue why it’s that low

Maybe this helps for you too

Just went through this last night. Picked up a MSI 3060ti from best buy. Put it on the test bench and had intermittent trouble with it freezing in the background and the worker will drop offline in app. Still mining I’m background then eventually it will lose its connection stall and freeze.
I have had problems with that test bench’s Mobo before so since it had mined for a couple minutes I figured it was fine. Moved it to my main rig which had one slot left on the BTC h110 and immediately did the same thing. Literally took hours of work to get anything back online and it directly affected the network connection to all my other rigs and the tv.

Prior to plugging that card in the main rig I ran net-test. All green and pings anywhere between 30-300ms depending on how far away.

Ran it again while troubleshooting with the 3060ti in and it starts failing all over the place. And that problem will start within a couple minutes to affect the other miners on the network.

Pulled it out and moved it over to the test bench again and loaded windows this time. Mines fine in Windows environment swapped back to hive on same test bench and back to knocking out network connection and freezing in background with mouse and clock still active and current. And also if you touch the power button to the board it will hard freeze with that card installed

I can confirm same issue with MSI 3060 TI. Tried in a system that had 4 other NON-LHR cards…as soon as I plug in the MSI 3060 TI LHR I get 5 minuets then device offline. I watched the terminal and it actually says that my pool stopped responding…logging out. WTH. I have another system with 4 NON-LHR 3070s and a ROG STRIX 3060 TI LHR that work great. 43/mhs on the LHR STRIX with NBMINER. Need a response form HiveOS guys on this one.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.