More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig reboots every 4 minutes for no reason

Motherboard: Gigabyte H110-D3A

4 x Nvidia Gtx 1070

With 4 Gpus the rig runs fine. However, when I add a 5th GPU, the miner runs smoothly for approx. 25min and then reboots for no reason. No message about a GPU error or watchdog is given. Then it reboots like clockwork every 4 minutes with no reason. I changed risers, tried Gen 1, 2, and 3, different GPUs, reinstalled HiveOS(flash drive and SSD). I even took off overclocks. I have another rig using the same motherboard that runs fine with 6 GPUs. Has anyone had similar problems?

The same problem in a rig of 6 GPUs GeForce GTX 1080 8119 MiB · Gigabyte. I have not found a solution yet.

I was running 6 GPUs on this rig just fine but I had to replace the motherboard. That is when I cannot run more than 4. It might be the motherboard but I am not sure. I am going to try and run the 5th GPU off of a different power supply to see if that works.

Looks like PSU problem to me

It was The PSU!!! Im glad EVGA PSUs have a 10 year warranty. Already in the process of gettin it replaced.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know