More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig won't come back online/start mining after power shortage

Title pretty much says it all. If I have a power shortage, the rig will turn on right after power is back, but won’t connect to the internet. My internet router takes a while to come back online, maybe 3 or 4 minutes, something like that, and I don’t know if this is the issue, but even if it was the case the rig/miner should keep attempting to connect for as long as it takes, right? Last time I did not have a monitor on to see what was on the screen, but I guess i’ll try emulating it but shuting the house power off and on again and see what message I get.

Is there something that needs to be set manually for it to keep trying to connect to the internet or is it already meant to as I think it is?

You could try this out. I fixed my issue by adjusting the overclock settings in my bios, so I’m not using this script anymore. But you may be able to modify it to fit your needs: Bash script to reboot rig that is offline or has a dead gpu

I really appreciate the quick answer and I’ve been scratching my head on this for a while. See, I suck at programming and all things related, so yeah, I’m quite lost on how to create the script. lol I feel like shit right now.

Don’t mind the last answer… I THINK I got it. I looked at the final step, logged into hive shell, downloaded the script, ran the chmod command (gave me no message, dunno if it’s supposed to), ran the bash command and entered the correct settings for everything else. I might try hitting my home’s power switch just for the sake of testing it.

I think I set it up so you don’t really need to do anything. And the chmod command doesn’t provide an output, it just makes the script executable. If you were able to execute the script and follow the prompts then it worked.
You can check to see if the timer (for the service) is running with “sudo systemctl status worker_check.timer”
You can read the logs with “tail /home/user/worker_check.log” or “nano /home/user/worker_check.log” (and scroll to the bottom)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.