More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 2070 Support?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to get HiveOS mining with my RTX 2070s, however I keep getting CUDA errors (on every algo I’ve tried). I’ve updated the Nvidia drivers using the “nvidia-update-driver” command and I appear to be running 410.78 (though the farm webpage shows the drivers as 396.54), and am running the latest HiveOS update.

Has anyone been able to get 2070 cards working with HiveOS? Please help!

Thank you!

Ditto this! Anyone have an answer??

I am looking for a solution as well . My Gigabyte 2077 isn’t recognized, regardless of the driver version I use (currently 418.43).

Same here, i see the card in Hive…but i get GPU driver error, no temps, and nothing happens. Doesn’t start mining.
Have updated the drivers to N 396.54, this is how it shows my card:
GPU 0
01:00.0
NVIDIA Corporation TU106 [GeForce RTX 2070] (rev a1)

To run RTX2070 on HiveOS
first
Flash HiveOS beta image
http://download.hiveos.farm/hiveos-20190114.zip
this image comes with driver 415 by default & running
(Kernel 4.15.18-hiveos)

for Overclock settings, fan speed can be changed from hive web console, but core and mem it wont apply to the card and it will take time to let the card start hashing takes 10-15 mins
to overclock core and mem you have to go to the console (connect keyboard, monitor, mouse) to the rig
On the taskbar, click on Nvidia logo on the taskbar
left pane menu, go down to find RTX2070 card
there you will find ( core , memory)
my settings are core= -100 , mem= 1000 for EThash algo coins

Resolved:

Was likely PCIe speed setting in my BIOS. If you are using an ASUS B250 mining expert, I used the settings from this vid:

The solution for me was to update the Hive OS image to the latest Kernel. I was using a somewhat older Kernel.

I messed with the PCIE settings in Bios first, but this was already set to Gen 2 on my machine. And changing it had no effect. Also updated NVIDIA drivers to latest and that had no effect.

Once I updated the kernel as suggested by @sambeeesh works great. I didn’t use the link provided above, just downloaded the latest .zip on the install page.

Recommend for anyone having problems in the future to make sure PCIE set to Gen 2 in bios as well as updating to the latest HIVEos image (with latest kernel) from the hiveos homepage.

Rig I was having trouble with had 5 1070ti’s and 1 RTX 2070.

Happy Mining!

Sam, are you still around? I have the same issue and I cant get this card working, can you help?

Merry Christmas, did you ever get your 2070 to work? I have the same issue.