More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3060 issues

What version of nvidia driver are you on?

For now, its not even about mining or the mhs for 3060. As soon as I connect my 3060 when I have nvidia v460.39 installed Hiveos does not boot up. I get a "“failed to allocate nvkmskapidevice” error and it running in an infinite loop trying to start the service.

I disconnect and my 3070’s boot up just fine.

3060 on Nvidia version 460.84 and 465 works fine but with low msh.

I tried miniz but on the newer version and it was giving me pretty low mhs.

Hi there, could you share how you switch the card with fan error to T-rex? I was trying several time. Everytime if I switch flight sheet duing the mining, all cards will stop mining until I reboot whole rig again.
I understand there are lot of people who can switch flight sheet of 3060 for the fan glitch trick but it never works out for me.

I m having multiple times my 3060 fan get to 0 after using miniz and I just leave it now.
So I am keep wondering what step did I missed.

Or we need to stop the miner first after fan error or we can direct switch to another flight sheet and the miner will restart?

I only saw that my fan went to zero and I put together a flight sheet with the gpu of the error only in t-rex and the rest with miniz, I would like to know how the error was generated because the truth is I would like all the gpus to be at 48MH.

Exactly what I did but it never work for me. Once I change flight sheet the miner unable to restart.
Lazy to keep restart everytime the fan error which make me lose even more share during the downtime.
Just let it run at it is now.

how do you get to error?

I didn’t do anything specifically to get the fan error. I guess it is the OC plus the MiniZ miner?

This is the error I was talking about “failed to allocate nvkmskapidevice” on line 1 while starting up HiveOS after installing v460.39 and evga 3060 connected.

No bueno on any new 3060s. It will not work on the older driver that people keep saying unlocks this card. I have 8 of these cards and tried every possible combination. Not worth keep trying to mine ETH.

Go mine ERG. I get 116+ MHs consistently no drama for days, and decent profitability but longer payback.

Just put these cards to good use and wait until this lockdown is over.

Or get some 5700 XT and mine ETH all day.

all newly manufactured GPUs from NVIDIA are LHR.

I have 48MH with 3060 Non LHR

I use MiniZ 1447 2550 Pl120
i push 2550 —>3400
When a error
Switch to T-Rex (20.4)
work fine

2 Likes

So i get this card GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Eagle OC 12B LHR (GV-N3060EAGLE OC-12GD)
What can I probably expect? Will it run close to 40MHS on ETH?

Did you resolve this error?

Did you manage to solve it? I’m having the same issue

I was not able to resolve it. I only tried it on HiveOs. Even with all the latest unlocks I was not able to get more than 26.54 mhs. It is running stable though.

me too my friend, can’t reach 30MHs :confused: honestly it sucks. New miner versions supposed to increased hash rate of Nvidia 3060 lhr v2, but its not true. hope they launch a new version that helps to improve it.

It has worked for me with the so 470.74 and lominer 1.33, it remains at 35.78 / 77 the 3060 v2. First I put in maintenance mode, then I update the driver, I go back and I remove the maintenance mode and I start the flight sheet. I turn off and on the machine

what oc setting you have?
did you put the rig in maintenance mode with or without drivers?
did you put any extra argument in the flightsheet?

1- maintenance mode
2- restart the computer
2- go to the shell and update the driver
3- remove controller mode, verify flight sheet, just added “–devices 0”
4- restart computer

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.