More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3060 Model 2504 (aka LHR v2) HiveOS Hashrate Limit's

A lot of confusion my friend, you are mixing a lot of things.

Lolminer and it’s “3060 booster” requires any driver from the range of 455.45.01 up to 460.39. Of course, naturally, we all use the latest working driver which is 460.39. Although, personally, I have used 455.45.01 on one of my rigs with a freshly installed HiveOS image (which comes with this driver version installed).

Even with 460.39, when mining ERGO, there are certain OC settings that makes your hashrate drop to 70-80 Mh/s. At the same time the wattage drops to the 80-90W territory. Does that mean that the limiter kicked in? No. It’s just that the card switches “performance mode” (similar to what AMD calls “Power state”). When you tweak the core again it goes back to full hashrate (120+). Similarly, if you mine ETH -even with 460.39- the limiter kicks in and afterwards, no matter what you do, ALL algos will be limited.

The above is proof that the limiter is only algo-specific and it will only kick in when mining ETH.

As for why the two algos are different. The fact that you can switch to ERGO with the same OC settings as ETH means absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, in order to achieve the best ERGO hashrate and/or efficiency, you need to change the settings a lot. ERGO is a lot more core dependent than ETH, so you need to bump your Core Clock up instead of driving it all the way down as you do in ETH. Also, the fact that the algo accesses memory in 32 byte chunks, allows for a lot higher memory clocks than ETH. And that alone (the memory access allocation) is enough of a difference between the two algos so as not to be “confused” by nVidia’s limiter.

Very interesting discussion whatsoever to say the least! :blush:

2 Likes

It sounds like we are both confused.

I never had issues with driver 460.39 and low hashrate, it worked well as soon as I started using it. With the newer driver I was getting 60 Mhs, which is different from your 70-80 Mhs, so it must be a different issue. Also the behaviour was similar to the ETH limiter: it would start at 122 then drop to 60 Mhs.

The OC settings are much closer between ERG and ETH, as compared to say RVN or CTXC, where core clock and wattage go way up. For ERG I run my clocks a bit higher than stock, but somehow people still get good ERG hashrate with -502 core. I don’t know how to explain that. What I have found is that my ETH overclocks mining ERG were only about 3% less than hashrate than ERG optimised, so I would definitely classify that as “close enough”. Whereas if you used ETH overclocks to mine CTXC it would be something like 15-20% difference.

1 Like

Just to get things on track again. You say that Autolykos and Ethash are very similar algorithms and that’s the reason why nVidia’s LHR kicks in for ERGO as well. You are basing this to the fact that both algos use somewhat similar OC settings.

To me, this is a wrong perspective. If you go on a statement about two algos and whether they are similar or different, you should be able to point facts about how each algorithm works.

I use entirely different settings for each algo. For example, with my 3060 v1, I am at -502 core 2600 mem with ETH, and -400 core 2800 mem with ERGO. To me, this is a big difference. Not to mention my Vega56 where I need to bump core from 1010 all the way to 1490 (this beast does 205MH/s on ERGO btw).

Also, a few posts above there is a guy (dealbreak3r) stating that he is able to get 118MH/s with the 3060 v2 (and apparently the latest drivers which is NOT 460.39). So there’s no LHR to ERGO and Autolykos.

Stop spreading misinformation please :wink:

I just bought 3060 v2 and combined with the 3060 v1 rig. The result is 3060 v2 cannot detected on the driver 460.39. So, I used the newest driver 465.31 using the same OC and it will drop to 50-60mh, but if using the default OC, the hashrate will stable on 102mh.

After a while, maximum got stable on 111.6mh using this OC settings:

my question is, my OC settings is danger or not? because the core value more than the memory clock value.

*hopefully my OC settings can help

1 Like

Your mem clock is very low - it should be 2400+.
You are right that the core clock is too high, but usually this would crash immediately.

You are making some incorrect assumptions, which is forgiveable. It seems we are both spreading misinformation, since neither of us has a 3060 model 2504 to test. So we should please stop polluting the thread with useless banter.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this will work in Hive OS but I managed to get the 2504 model to work with Windows.

I’m using the latest Nvidia driver as this is my gaming Pc but here are the settings

PL: 65% (NO MORE THAN 110W)
Core Clock: -525
Mem: + 1400
Fans: 75%

This gives me a stable 116-118 Mh/s on Windows

You guys could try to mimic these settings but double the value for memory in HiveOS ofc.

3 Likes

My dear friend, never in my post did I make an assumption. I am only stating facts. The only person here making assumptions is you. You assumed that the two algos are very similar and the LHR kicks in for ERGO because the card thinks you are mining ETH. And you came to this assumption because you use similar OC settings for the two algos. That was were I came to correct you. If you cannot understand this then I can’t do more.

Having a conversation based on facts is not polluting. Making assumptions out of thin air is. Nevertheless, I will stop here since you offered to stop as well.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

This is a facepalm moment. This is your incorrect assumption:

And you came to this assumption because you use similar OC settings for the two algos.

You can use the same OCs because the algos are similar, but you misunderstood this to mean the algos are similar because you can use the same OCs.

Ofcourse, you think OCs that are different by a few 100 Mhz resulting in a few percentage points difference in hashrate consitutes a large difference, so it makes sense that you are nitpicking.

It is clear we cannot learn from each other, so let’s stop trying.

2 Likes

I just got a 2504 version over the weekend

In windows, I can get it to 110MH for a while, but it will drop to around 70 MH within 10 minutes

In hiveOS, with nvidia driver 465.31, I can get it to stable at 102MH. I can’t get it any higher. HDMI dummy plug does not help. I did not test riser set up. I installed it on a pcie-x16 ribbon.

sorry about posting in 3 replies. I am a new user and can only post 1 image/reply

1 Like

I’ve been able to get it to 116 Mh/s on windows but sometimes I also experience the drop to the 60s-80s I can’t figure out what causes it.

one day it will run at 115 no problem another it will just crap out and give me 60-80 after some time

I have it on a x1 riser right now but I also had the same experience on a PCI-E slot on the mobo

In windows, I am experiencing the similar MH drop. I am getting 106 stable in HiveOS now.

1 Like

I don’t think the community has figured anything out yet for rev 2 model 2504 sadly

3 Likes

@Slxxpy given up after days on a LHR V2 - Settled with 107.5 MH/s with 88w reported. Anyone manage to see better efficiency/hash on ERG?

Hi,
Is someone tryied to change BIOS form v2 to v1? I thing that prices goes down that is why I didn’t buy 3060 yer. Maybe someone tried this experiment. IMO it will be the simplest way to unblock the card.

Hello all, this is my first post. We jointly came to the result in Ergo mining, as per the attached image. The hashrate has not been limited for two days since finding this setting.

The latest and greatest HiveOS and Nvidia drivers (465.31). Card is this one

lspci |grep -i 3060                                                                                                                        
0c:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060 Lite Hash Rate] (rev a1)

Note the relative clock setting. When we set main clock absolute value, the limiter (or some other mechanism) kicks in and reduces the hashrate to 60 odd MH quickly.

EDIT we use regular x1 riser and no dummy monitor plug, the HDMI & displayport sockets are empty.

2 Likes

Very nice finding. I am able to copy your result inistially. We have almost the same card, except the Vbios is a little different

but the hashrate seem to be not very stable,

and it settled to 113.4, which is not bad. But let me see if there is anything I can do.

Good hash but… 122w opposed to 88w for 107.5 MH/s that’s a lot of power for 34w for 7 MH/s not sure that’s worth it - depends on efficiency goals perhaps