More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3070 settings

hi there how you can get 33° ? i got this :

GeForce RTX 3070 7982 MB · Gigabyte
Samsung GDDR6 · 94.04.3A.40.DB · PL 100 W, 270 W, 270 W

63.49 Mhs 53° 75% 75 -502 2900 132w

I start the rig, stop the miner, change the setting to the ones with 117w to all the 3070s and than hard boot the rig again.
After the I check with ones will get those number and change the others to spend more power.

I’m in Brazil, today we have 30ºC as ambient temp

Those are my settings now

You can really lower your temps a lot by trying this:

This is also at 30C ambient or higher.

Your core voltage is way too high for no good reason. Drop it and then you can drop voltage significantly - hopefully if you have a good gpu model.

This is EVGA 3070 XC Ultra.

1 Like

Not working here

fans were set to 0 in OC template and temps from 50 -55…turned on Autofan and now all fans in the Red but temps are down to 45…however hash is the same.
Setting at -500, 2400, pw @ 125…100% eff hash at 369 for 6 cards and noticed my LA reading now in the red???

I was reading this post and did a chance to what the guys were talking

They ( rul3s and j2h4u ) fixed the core clock, first by command line e than by hiveos console (after updating for the lastest version)

From rul3s:

On my research I’ve found that manually setting core clock is much better than setting a power limit to the card.

They basically use the command “nvidia-smi -lgc 1150” to set the maximum and minimum core clock.

I did the same and now I can get 62 Mh/s in each 3070

They tried the core clock at 900, 1075, 1150 and 1155. I don’t know which one is the best, still looking to see what happens but looks promising

What do you think guys, let me know if it is working for you as well

3 Likes

WOW! This is huge!

My 6 cards dropped 60 watts while remaining same speed with 1100!!
THX for posting

2 Likes

Hey man, what about the efficiency? Do you have some invalids and stuff?

1 Like

No invalid shares so far. Efficiency skyrocketed on some cards.
1100 or 1075 seem to make no difference. 900 dropping hashrate to 60.

Now i know which is the worst of my cards GPU4.

4 Likes

from this image looks like your core clock is at 1080 actually

Nbminer running for 11 hours, I’m getting some rejected shares but none of them are invalid. Running last stable hiveos version with the latest nvidia driver

I’m limiting the power for each card. (each of my cards behave differently)

1 Like

It’s set to 1075

i guess it has 0 effect. try all @130

That seems pretty well! I had running your config during the night, I had 2 invalid shares. What is the miner you’re using? Can you share the whole config please? I set the GMiner with 1100 in core clock and 2550 in mem clock. Is there anything that I should change? Thanks!

The whole config? 1075/2550/125
T-rex seems to be a bit slower, drawing slightly more watt

Back to NB Miner again

2 Likes

what I tried to say is that this image shows 1080 besides you said that on your settings screen it was 1075 (I believe on you, It happened the same here for me). The same happens when you set 1100 on the screen and somehow the miner log shows 1110. Maybe there are certain “spots” for those GPUs

For some reason I have the best and most stable mining with T-Rex. I had great results with my 3070, but the 3060Ti’s did not respond well so I went back to “normal” OC.

Average Efficiency is around 526 kH/w I think.

I mined on NBminer overnight. I experienced the same in terms of wattage and hashrate. However also got some invalid/rejected shares on NBminer. On an external power meter, i also saw some strange spikes in total power consumption a few time in the hour for a second or so (from 608 watt to <300 watt). This power meter sends me a message to alert me on strange situations. I don’t get these messages when i use t-rex. Switched back to t-rex, which looks more stable for me. Every rig is different :slight_smile:

Take a look

After lots of back and forth I nailed it.

Basically the problem here was more related to the pool than the OC. I tried several OC settings and all the possibilities was giving me a lot of rejects, even if I lowered the memory clock all the way down. After some reding I tried a new pool and than it happens. Since that I changed my OC settings to the best I got and its pretty stable, solved the problem of different Mh/s in each Gpu and also the system is now cooler than it was before. the final touch was to disable the onboard video in the bios.

(the image is from this morning, I need to boot the system to change the location of it, but it was running all night long like that)

1 Like

t-rex, i get 62 with my Zotacs