More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3090 FE max wattage issue

I have four EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 and two NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 FE (Founders Edition) in my open-air rig. The 3080 cards are functions properly but 3090 has an issue with the wattage. When I powerup my setup, the wattage for the 3090 starts at the Power Limit that is set (it could be 300W, 350W or whatever). However, after a few minutes it starts doing down to around 250W.

I have a dedicated 2000W PSU for these two 3090, so I don’t believe I am maxing out the PSU. But I’m unsure why I cannot get the wattage to stay at the setting I want.

I upgraded my HiveOS to get the latest nbminer (v39.5) and I even tried setting the Power Limit to zero (for default value) but none of it has made a difference.

Has this issue been solved it?

memery temp maybe 110degree
if mem-temp the rig hashrate will low down and clock will low down
without PSU
dude U need change the rig with water-cool

image image image

Are you use 2x 360 radiators? Or is one enough for 2 cards?

Same problem here - it must be a fucking softwarebug - but hiveOS support doesnt feedback!

our cards every few hour starts to overheating until we give a new undervolting temerature

is there no solution out there?

Yes,one 360 radiators supply one card.
and connect type with card-radiators-card-radiators-pump
as we know,if card-card-radiator its not good idea,one card temp great and an other used
overheating in coolant,its bad idea.

for up to now 4day stable running ,without change my fly sheet to try diff pool.

I keep reading that changing the thermal pads will help with the temp issue. What do you think?
Also, what if I just take the plastic faceplate off. Would that make a difference?

Yes,change the thermal pads have a litte bit works,maybe low down 10c-20c,depending on with thermal pads type.
In china we use Laird 90000,its nice to heat conduction effect.
you can try use ODYSSEY.
back panel its plastic,its really bad to heat conduction effect.
But I think,you card is not like 3080 3090 mem-temp up to high 110c.
you can use many 2800 RPM fans to do it.

I have 3090 FEs as well and they run quite well. I have been stable with my settings for 10 plus days now. Note that I did change out my thermal pads for all my 3090s to keep the memory junction low.

Been stable for hours at these settings for 3090 FEs will update report on 10th day.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.