More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX (GA 102 Geforce 3090 showen in Hive OS) (blower v)

Guys, I bought a new rig and have been up for last 2 nights trying to figure to why my hive OS is not seeing my card ( I have 7 more cards to put but don’t dear to do it before I have tested first card. Would be SOO THANKFUL if anyone could help! (My Hive OS: 5.10.0-hiveos #83
(Nvidia drives: N460.91.03) Thank you all so much in advance! All help is appreciated!

Start by updating your HiveOS and Nvidia drivers on your motherboard. Nvidia drivers are not in your GPU, its one update for your motherboard.

Next make sure your GPU risers are connected and hopefully you didn’t buy a dud.

If you still cannot find your card, make sure your motherboard is compatible and maybe have Gen2 switch on if you have it available in the bios.

Overall step 1 should fix this problem.

step.1 I have upgraded them already as u see it’s the latest version of both.
step.2 Risers are connected, Hive os can see what type of card I’m putting (tested 2 different ones)
It is a 12x box from Mineshop.eu

The latest version is 0.6-213@220120 HiveOS and Nvidia is N511.09

yeah yeah, #83 is the version you’re mentioned that I have 01-20. Re the Nvidia drivers: I have done “nvidia-driver-update” got all the latest once as I understand it but my hive OS says 460.91.03 is there any other way one gets the version you’re mentioning?. N511.

Did you enable maintenance mode before you updated your Nvidia drivers from shell?

Instruction video: How to Update Nvidia Drivers in HiveOS - YouTube

Don’t forget to restart to finish update.

Ohh yes, that’s exactly the video I actually used as well. See the “closer error” described below. I just don’t get what it could be.

Technically everything seems to have a connection to all the necessary parts.

Could it be the fact that this newest hive OS and the Nvidia drivers are too new for these cards? ) these 3090’s have been stopped from new production for some reason. Many are saying that it is because they are too good. Not sure if that’s the truth.

Are your 3090s not the RTX? I see some other people with the same issue on the forums regarding their 3090 showing up as GA 102 because they tried to flash their bios.

This is my settings for my 3090s Founder Edition and running perfectly fine on a Ndriver N470.63.01.

Looking beautiful man! I’m jaloused I want my rig to be up as well​:sob::sob::sob:

Ok ok so I had Hive OS installed on SSD already in the box so I only did the USB connection to my farm, can’t imagine it has to do with it but who knows. Ohh yes they are RTX btw.

Is hive showing the die number with brackets around it on the worker overview screen?

No nothing like that.

Can this be the whole issue: meaning rollback the drives to 455?

Nope, only if your nvidia driver is corrupted would that fix it. Did you do a fresh install with latest image?

Ok ok, I haven’t installed Hive OS using the one that came with a pre-installed.
Just did the rig connection via USB. But I have latest hive I updated it from the existing version to latest one.

Start there

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.