More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 5600 XT's different watts?

Trying to understand why the variance in wattage across the cards?

It’s fail. big fail

Mem clock - FAIL
MVDD - FAIL

What is the recommended for these settings?

Changing MVDD to blank and reducing the Mem Clock to 1200 does nothing. Same hashrate but total wattage drops from 611w to 587w. So curious what the recommendation is for these settings.

Linux world operates different values instead Windows

Default mem clock on Linux is 875 MHz which equal to 1750 MHz (effective mem clock) at Windows
MVDD default values is 1350 mV

Incorrect values are fortunately not being applied otherwise they would have damaged cards, but still the result is completely different from what was expected.

Thanks for the feedback. Changed the Mem Clock to 875 (previously 1200) and not much difference, I guess total wattage has gone down some more (about 60w less).

I’ll keep playing around with the settings.

You have Micron memory so can try set at least 900 to get higher hashrate. If Ok then try 910-920-930
check voltages by amd-info command
try 725 mV core (VDDC) and VDDCI

1 Like

Hi. It looks like inestability. This happens frecuently when you apply a new oc config without a hard restart. Rebooting rig from hard switch off button works fine for me.

Update to this: Using the following clocks with the RedPanda 5700 bios i’m able to get 43mh/s stable with Gigabyte 5600’s and PowerColor 5600.

Core: 1100
VDD: 680
VDDCI: 800
MVDD: 1300
Mem: 910

2 Likes

Hi there, I have got same issue with my RX 5600 XT - some of them are showing really different watts while mining. Anybody knows where is problem? I have bios modded all of them with same settings.

2 Likes

Haven’t received any direct answer on this however I believe it’s due to the memory manufacturer. Micron uses less power than Samsung I believe so the lower watt cards are because they Micron 5600’s and the higher watt 5600’s using the same enhanced bios is because the cards have Samsung. It’s only a 5600 XT issue apparently.

You can’t rely on what HiveOS says is the memory manufacturer since if you are using the modded bios available through Red Panda Miner it will say it’s Micron memory when it could be something else after you apply the bios mod. Just want to point that out if anyone is confused by HiveOS.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I think that hive shows Micron memory even with original bioses, but I have bought them as used ones, so maybe it was flashed before I have got them… For those ASRocks and XFX I have used bioses from here - Unlock Modified BIOS for AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT samsung + micron + hynix (bitby.ru) because modding original bios didnt work.

2 Likes

Thx Jiri! you are the best!

Thanks again @Jiri i was brave enough to flash my saphire 5600XT OC with your link, now im running stable at 43mh/s with stock bios i wasnt able to get above 39mh/s, totaly recommended it !

your oc not balanceT change it

why i increse mem clock to 890 or higher phoenixminer was rebot?