More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 580 rig optimization

So I am new to mining, ive never had a miner before, I have used my RTX 3090 PC to play around mining, but nothing I took seriously.
I ended up buying 2 closed server rigs and then bought 16 RX 580s.
I currently only have 11 running as I am waiting on the other 5 GPUs to come in, I have bio’s modded each card and played with OC settings, trying to balance the power consumption vs the MH gains.

So far both rigs run smooth, I just wanted to know someone with knowledge advice if I am doing anything wrong here.

This is a 8 gpu Octominer 4 fan server case. Screenshot - b90378109eb96deb5f1d697406659e11 - Gyazo

This is a 8 gpu biostar 3 fan server case . Screenshot - ef7b8731300bd7f65f77206fc1f6a365 - Gyazo

I was getting invalid shares from one gpu after 20 mins to an hour but seem to have fixed that by adjusting the mem clock.

Thoughts, tips, anything at all you can offer would be appreciated.
Thank you

I like the rigs , they seem fine.

i think you can optimize some of the cards.
for instance the samsung ones
i guess you used polaris bios editor and uber mix 3.1.
have you tested with uber mix 3.2 and 2100 memory clock.
also i suggest you insert into the memory controller field 800mv, it might reduce a bit the power usage.
The hynix and micron cards i think can do more than 2050 memory clock, try with 2100 2120 2150.

Also DPM states are not used when you specify the core clock and core voltages so you can remove them but you need to tweak a bit the core voltages.
for the cards with 1150 core clock you can try setting 850 as core voltage.
if you go higher like the ones with 1180 core clock you can increase the voltage to 860, 870, 880.
Its a matter of testing and checking if its stable. start one by one with the cards.

1 Like

Thanks, looks like re-flashing the cards with uber mix 3.2 worked. I have no pictures yet as testing has only been going for about 3 hours. But looks like ive dropped about 70w overall and gained 15mh on the 4 fan rig.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hmm im consuming a bit less power, hash rate went up, but for some reason shares decreased?

Weird

Dont worry about shares, they have different difficulty. now you are finding more difficult shares to solve thats why they decreased, but they are paid more so its the same. if you find 1000 easy shares paid 1$ , or 500 harder shares paid 2$ , in the end its the same :slight_smile:
The idea is to have constant reported hashrate because all other is going to be more or less equal to the reported in time.

1 Like

I got it, thank you for explaining it to me. Have a great day!

Hi ich habe folgendes Problem meine RX 580 minen nicht hat einer ne Idee

when did this happen? did you change anything?upgrades? hardware?