More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 6600 XT - card not deteced correctly

so with your display hooked to that card, you can see the post screen, then load into hive, then what?
what does hive show on the web ui?

can you post a screenshot of your worker overview screen?

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 4.59.51 PM
gpu 0 is the only one mining

1 Like

i would try each one individually in hive, if it works, try swapping risers/cables etc around and make sure theres no hardware issues first.

Hello, I just had a problem on my rig by adding a 5th graphics card. I have a 6600 XT and three 6600 that were running fine until now.

I wanted to add a second 6600 XT and… big problem.

GPU driver error, no temp or DEAD.

The card is recognized and starts correctly, it even went up to 15 Mh during one of my manipulations but the miner crashed right after.

The miner stops every time and impossible to send a command to the rig.

I tried everything, the beta version or the old versions of HiveOs. The different OC, the installation of the drivers, or the different commands:

hive-replace -s -y
hive-replace -s
hive-replace -s -stable
hive-replace -s -beta

I checked the riser and the cables that I even changed just in case but nothing to do.

I removed one of the 6600 to see if I could run two 6600XT and two 6600 to see if the problem comes from the new XT and indeed it does. Even with 4 cards the rig still restarting, so I unplugged it and put my three 6600s and my first 6600 XT .

I don’t know why there is no problem with the first XT. It’s when I put the second one in that the problems start!

Guys, we really need help here!

1 Like

Not sure spamming every thread with 6600 in it is the best solution.

Load the latest stable kernel&drivers via Hive Shell: hive-replace -y --stable, then disk-expand, then sync your password with your rig.conf file.

Then…we can all pick a thread and chat about your rig troubleshooting.

Best regards.

1 Like

Good evening and thank you for your answer.

The spam on some posts is just to reach a maximum of people to have a quick answer. Once the problem is solved, I will delete the ones that are left without answers, don’t worry.

So I followed your instructions (just to be sure I synced the password via the hive-passwd yournewsecurepass command. Is that what you’re talking about?) and I just restarted the rig with Teamblackminer. For once the miner launches without crashing directly but the hashrate of the card remains low:

Executing “hive-passwd -conf” without the quotes will match the password to what is in your Hive Farm/Worker settings.

Good progress identifying the GPU.

I am not familiar with 6600XT clocks, but if you are near max core/memory settings for that chipset, back off and let’s see results.

fwiw: you’ll see very frequent updates with TBM(indicator of issues). Not sure you want to use that miner for troubleshooting.

Nothing seems to work. I just got an error message: teamredminer: GPU 3: detected DEAD / GPU 3: detected DEAD (0d:00.0), will execute restart script watchdog.sh

I have modified the overclocking several times. It was the most stable I could find by removing the VDD(CI) and MVDD parameters.

Honestly I’m lost here! I restarted under Teamredminer and the error messages are back. !!

Let’s pause and cover what we know:

• HiveOS has no problem running 5+ GPUs
  • 6600XTs and 6600s are running on HiveOS
  • GPU3 has presented an issue consistent with bad overclocking, risers, cables, and power.

I would remove GPU3 for now and get the rig stable.

Then, let’s back into GPU3 again at an overclock 15% less but a bit more voltage.

1 Like

I think that HiveOS is the problem with the 6600XT, if you look at the forum, there are a lot of threads since 2 months about the same problem and no concrete solution has been brought so far.

If the card is detected and has even got a hashrate of 5mh it means that it works and is operational (it is new). I don’t think it can be damaged if it’s detected and can mine. I have a 1000w ignition. The worst thing is that my first 6600XT works very well and has never caused any problems.

• I have tried all possible updates and system reboot
  • Install the latest drivers
  • Multiple combinations of OC
  • Sync the password
  • Removed one 6600 to test with two 6600XT and two 6600
  • Change riser and cables

The only thing I haven’t touched yet is the bios of my board. It’s a btc S37. What do you think about it ?
Anyway I removed my 6600XT and my rig is stable again, it’s back to normal :

1 Like

Clearly indicates it is not a Hive OS issue :slight_smile:

Have another rig to isolate this particular card while your (4) working GPUs make you money?

Problem solved :

• Updated to the latest version of HiveOs

• Reduced the 6600XT OC and set it like the 6600.

And it works but it goes up to 28 Mh but no miner crashes. Everything is stable with Teamredminer.

Thanks a lot for your help and your support !

1 Like

Dear friend, I suggest you use 6600 cards with different brands in different miners and configurations for better extraction and more stability. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.