More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX5700 crash on boot - sysrq: Emergency Remount R/O

I am trying to add an RX5700 (non XT) to my mining rig. I have had it testing for >24hrs on a test rig and all is ok. When I try to add it to my main rig, HiveOS crashes.

I have tried:

Swapping risers
Putting the USB drive from my test rig onto my main rig
Running just the RX5700 with no other cards attached

Can anyone help? I can’t get my head around what it might be.

Thank you.

the thing is I have the same problem with different card Radeon RX 470 4096 MB · Sapphire

Have you managed to solve it? I’m running a Gigabyte B250 Mining board off a USB stick. Have just ordered an SSD to see if that helps.

The thing is, it happens with just the 5700 connected, no other cards. So I don’t know if there’s a compatibility issue between mobo and gpu? Haven’t managed to find anyone else with he issue.

I asked the Hive OS support in telegram he or she answered me your image is corrupted you should rewrite it again but I don’t think it’s relevant
The problem is the version they have in the official site is not updated

So going to an SD didn’t help. Long story short, I changed to TeamRedMiner (was using Phoenix before, tried Ethminer as well but same problem) and that worked fine. Hashrate are slightly lower, but at least it works!

ahh I have this error when I try to flash a stock BIOS back onto my 5600 XT MECH.

HiveOS won’t load unless its in Maintenance mode with no drivers setting. When i force flash the original BIOS back i get this error and a reboot… I think I’ve made a brick?! any other experiences to share?

I moved from Phoenix miner to TeamRedMiner and it worked,so I stuck with that. I also read that Phoenix Miner needs 8gb of system RAM to be able to run 5600 or 5700 series cards, but I’ve not been able to test that myself.

Hi all,

I recently began to experience this issue when I added two cards to my rig.

I went from a mix of 9 6600’s and 6600 XT’s to a total of 11 cards, running on an Asrock H110 Pro BTC+. I’ve checked risers, etc, and didn’t have this issue with 9 cards.

It happens almost immediately after teamredminer starts, then the system reboots and the cycle repeats. Using the latest beta, and reflashed my m2 just to make sure it wasn’t a corrupt image.

The issue occurs even without any OC/undervolting. Any ideas of what else to try?

All - I believe I resolved this issue myself. The solution was to disable autofan. The two cards I added were XFX Swft 210 6600’s. I noticed they did not seem to be following the autofan settings before the crash, and turning off autofan seemed to eliminate the issue.

For what it’s worth, also noticing that these cards do not tolerate being undervolted like the other 6600’s I have.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.