More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX5700XT boot problem, can´t change power stat from d3cold to DO

Hi,

4 cards are running without any problems.As soon as I connect the fifth card, this problem occurs during booting. Does anyone have experience?

Thanks

Try disable HD Audio in BIOS first

HD audio off in bios.
When booting, it freezes at this point

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I’m getting the exact same problem. I can run 4 cards fine, 5 cards most of the time, 6 cards almost always fails.

I’m running on a Biostar TB250-BTC, 6x 5700XT Red Dragons with a 1600W PSU which has a separate PCIE power strand for each card/riser combination (6 card rig). I’ve bios modded all of the cards and are running very conservative (efficient) OC’s - cards draw about ~111W from software.

I’ve swapped risers but this hasn’t helped. I can run the “problem” cards on their own no worries, it’s only when I have more plugged in do I get massive reams of:

amdgpu errors alternating between:

amggpu: msg issuging pre-check failed and SMU may not be in the right state!
and
snd_hda_intel 0000:0b:00.1: can’t change power state from D3cold to D0 (config space inaccessible).

I investigaged snd_hda_intel, this seems to refer to the onboard sound, I’ve disabled HD Audio in BIOS but this error still occurs. Having said that, I’m finding that my BIOS is in fact losing the time setting, in that, I adjust the time to be correct, but when I next go into the BIOS the time is wrong again. Could it be the BIOS battery is faulty? I’ll look at changing that.

I’m learning about ubuntu as fast as I can, but the only references to these problems don’t seem to offer any solution that I can determine. So I’m hoping someone here has some concrete experience and advise they can offer.

Cheers for your time.

Try another mobo, Asrock H110 works good for me

I have a same problem, but i mining with Asrock H110 Pro BTC +
Processing: 2022.01.06_1.jpg.JPEG…