More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX580 not recognized

Hello everyone,
I have a problem when I start hiveos. it only finds 2/3 GPU on the 6.
here’s what I have on the screen.
sorry for my english, I’m french.

thank you very much.

I think you need to give more information to help you

1. Motherboard info and chipset name
  2. Video card info
  3. If you can give information output of command in linux console lspci - it’s will be perfect
    After booting type in linux console:
lspci

i’s a minimal to start help you.

hello
i am new here,i have the same problem today.
i booted hiveOS and started mining ,all vas ok, and after rebooting my PC it give me this message invalid pci rom header signature expecting 0xaa55 got 0xffff and everything stays on this like for 30 minutes,i tried new boot, from new USB, and its the same. Can somebody plz help me…
i have
6x sapphire rx580 nitro+ 8gb , 4 with micron mem and 2 with samsung
msi a270 pro motherboard
intel proc

windows boot normal,but hive not

Config infos :
Motherboard : MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU : Intel G4400
GPU : 4 x Sapphire RX580 NITRO+ 8G (hynix) 1 x Sapphire RX580 NITRO+ 4G (hynix) 1 x Sapphire RX580 NITRO+ 4G (Elpida)

I’ll do “lspci” when I get out of work.
Works well under ethOS.

THX

Same situation here. Often hive doesn’t recognize rx580 or rx570. I checked risers and cables but all seems good. I have to reboot several times to mine with all the cards. Did you solve this problem?

it works well now,i think it must be on harddrive or bether USB, not on chinese sh…

I have 12 cards in my rig: 5 x rx480, 5 x rx580, 2 x rx570. When it reboots sometimes it recognize 9 cards, sometimes 10, 11 or 12, it seems to be random. But, the cards not recognized are always rx580. I’m planning to change some cables or risers, but it’s a very strange behaviour. A partial workaround is to activate watchdog that auto-reboot the rig until it reaches a threshold, but yesterday it rebooted 18 times to find all the cards.

@Zep I’m having the same issue with my Sapphire Rx580. Works well on Windows but not recongized on hive. Risers and cable are tested and ok. You say I should try to reboot many times?

Yes, with my rig it seems to be the only solution. Lately I’ve changed risers and divided the power in a better way between the 2 power supply, and it improved this situation, but sometimes it reappears randomly. I hope someone could tell us why it happens.

In the Bios turn on Virtualization and Hyper Threading
Make all PCI Gen2
Turn on 4G
and VTd

that did it for me

We found out that one USB cable for a riser was faulty. We changed it, and the card is recognized again. The issue it this card is always having this “hangs in openCL calls” error and it keeps rebooting until it doesn’t reboot anymore…