More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Scheduled Restart

Hi,

I wanted to know if there was a way to schedule a restart of the Miner.

I noticed that I lose connection to pools using ProgPOW. At first I thought it was the pool but had the exact same problem when I moved to a different pool. The issue doesn’t happen so frequently but if a regular restart can avoid this, I’d prefer a 2-3 minute downtime twice day compared to a several hour downtime due to this issue.

One thing I thought of was to add a Cron to restart the Miner every x hours but if there is a simpler way, I would like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Went back to the webpage and scanned all the settings and options. I found that there is a feature called “Hashrate Watchdog” that can monitor your hashrate and act depending on the options you choose.

Here is how to do it:

1. First, select the miner from your farm

2. Look for the dog icon, the watchdog, on the menu on the upper right corner of the page.

3. Click on it for the options available.

• Miner restart after
    • Reboot rig after
    • Min hashrate for each miner
  4. Before setting the minimum hashrate, check your stats and find the lowest point in the last week/month when the miner was functioning normally.

5. Set the MH value in the watchdog setting for that miner 10-20% below the lowest point and then the time interval.

I set 5 min for miner restart and 15 min for reboot. I am not sure this is the best setting as i just discovered this setting but hoping it allows 2 attempts to restart the miner before a reboot.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this functionality.

1 Like

Any way to set reboot every 3 days ie?