During the past days you might have received notifications about wrong password logins.
- Yes, botnets are scanning
- Yes, we block them but can’t do that with one click
- No, we haven’t been hacked.
What is the best way to sleep well and keep your account safe?
- Don’t use vocabulary and simple passwords
- DON’T USE THE SAME PASSWORD AS ON THE THE OTHER SITE (like on forums, chats, etc.). These sites get hacked and then the hackers have login-password pairs which they try.
- Don’t use the same login as on the other sites. You can easily change it in your account.
- Don’t use the same password to your email as your password can be recovered if they have your email password.
- TURN ON 2FA. This is bulletproof.
- For calm down your paranoia you can set IP white list in your account (but be sure what you do, don’t do this on dynamic IPs).