More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Shutdown with reboot doesnt work

I have hiveos installed in an hdd, my motherboard is a btc-s37, i use server pdus to power the system and 8 gpus, 4 connected on the motherboard sockets and 4 connected though risers.

If I try to reboot the system from hiveos web console or issuing a “shutdown -r now” command on the command line, hiveos powers off instead of reboot. When it powers off, motherboard cpu fan stops, the screen turns black but the system does not restart. The CPU fan moves a couple of times after it stops, spins a second and stops again.

if i power off AC and power up, the motherboard starts again (i’ve got power on after AC Lost configured on BIOS).

How could i solve this problem? Someone can help me?

2 Likes

use only restart command. dont shutdown and then restart. it doesnt work on some mobos , like mine. i cant shutdown and then restart in 30 secs or whatever. your rig just powers off, so use restart command instead.

1 Like

would you know anything about APTIO setup utility I received new MOBO BTC S37 and can’t get past setup utility, am I doing something wrong???Or can you point me in the right direction

Did you solve this? My btc s37 is doing the same thing. It will not reboot

Yes, i’ve solved the issue resetting he motherboard. After clearing CMOS, the reboot started to work fine. Let me know if it works ok for you too.

2 Likes

it seems that this motherboard works ok with the factory setting. i’ve entered to the bios setup, never heard about APTIO segup utility.

I’ve solved the shutdown/reset problem clearing CMOS. Try to do the same if you have problems with this MOBO.

Did you just clear cmos by removing battery and power for a bit?

1 Like

That fixed it. Thanks!!

So, just remove battery to clear CMOS?

Use “sudo sreboot” to reboot, restart from the hiveos menu (in the app or browser), or unplug the power. For some reason, “sudo shutdown -r now” and “sudo reboot” does not work in hiveos.

that solve the issue here as well. removing battery.
I spent two days on shooting this bug. I was told by HiveOS tech support to change USB drive, use SSD, update to latest OS, …
I hope I search here first.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.