More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Slow response from hiveos.farm

Is it me or has the hiveos.farm website been very slow the past 2-3 days, maybe around March 5th onwards.

I’ve had issues where I made changes to the wallet that wasn’t sent to the rigs, even after the rigs were rebooted. No issues on my network, ping time to amster.hiveos.farm is still in the 260ms range, just the response time is slow, sometimes getting HTTP error 500.

Yeah, I’ve been having the same problems. Also having rigs appear offline when they are online. The site went down for maintenance earlier so hopefully they’re working on it.

And I know why!!!
“Refresh” field on “Monitor” page is broken. After any other page this combobox is installed in default 1 min. All guys who keeping this page open able to create some kind of DDOS (1-minute-refresh). This value was storable for selected value ( e. g. “–” ) before last redesign.
Please, fix this field, this is really able for bring the site down!!!

Had loads of problems with 504 errors on the hiveos.farm site as well as Telegram telling me rigs are down when they are not. Or Telegram telling me my rigs are rebooting without any reason. Hope this is fixed soon. An amazing OS has starting to become unreliable and having serious issues. I know I only have 2 rigs on HiveOS at this moment and it’s free which is great to test but I do worry every time I go out that I will get back and something has gone wrong. Only need this to happen a couple of times a day for you to lose a significant number of hours mining over the month, thus not making any profit from a significant investment in time and equipement. Will not expand until it’s sorted and working properly again.

+1

[quote=“tishaban98;356”]Is it me or has the hiveos.farm website been very slow the past 2-3 days, maybe around March 5th onwards.

I’ve had issues where I made changes to the wallet that wasn’t sent to the rigs, even after the rigs were rebooted. No issues on my network, ping time to amster.hiveos.farm is still in the 260ms range, just the response time is slow, sometimes getting HTTP error 500.[/quote]

Ditto!

yeah getting increasingly unstable…flashing amd cards was a breeze before now i cannot even download or flash get no confirm message…

+1
It pisses me off.

I think HiveOS is honestly the platform of choice, however, it has recently become wholly unusable. It is a shame, but I’m at the point where I have to consider moving away from it. It is effectively nonfunctional. Shame really.

Have to chime in on this as well. Latency has been an issue since site maintenance. I am running 10 rigs and am getting 504 errors, offline messages (when rigs are running) and lots of lag with the site.

I see these post are from English speakers perhaps in the US and am wondering if it is time for a North American server. I suspect that these growing pains are Hive OS being the victim of it’s own success.

Hive OS is a good tool and easy to use for the most part but I think it is a given that there is an expectation that the tool works as designed. I for one will give it some time. There is a lot of potential here.

Devs - Please communicate to the users that you are aware of these issues and plans to fix etc…

Thanks In Advance.
Styg!

@Styg Latency has become a big issue but I am not in the US, I am in UK so should not be getting this issue especially on a 200Mb download connection and 20Mb Upload connection with 8ms ping on speedtest.

There is a lot of potential but we do need to know the Devs are aware and are actively working towards a fix and not having moderators threaten to BAN people because they have not read the instructions properly @HaloGenius. This was very unhelpful and not wise considering there are a lot of newbies on here. They wanted help not threatening with being banned. As I have stated before it’s sometimes hard to find answers on this forum as forum titles are in English and then the thread is in Russian. People do tend to give up after clicking on link after link to find they cannot read it. It is sometimes easier to ask rather than sift through pages and pages you cannot read.

I will stick with HiveOS for the moment but I am not going to put new rigs on an unstable system. Definately will not pay for an unstable system I need to constantly babysit. My 2 rigs have restarted 17 times in the last 48 hours and thats just what has been reported to Telegraph. And yes I have the logs to prove this and the proceeding logs from February 18th 2018 to show how stable the rigs were until your last update. Even going as far as moving the OS to SSD to see if my Flash Drives are causing the issue, although why now after 3 weeks of constant mining?

I cannot even view the hiveos.farm page today, tried for over 30 mins now. Not good :frowning: @DimaFern

Thanks for all your input on this people
Penfold

I have been having the same issue. If I run net-test the rigs always fail on three of the links.

https (SSL) on port xxxx connection failed. Please check firewall rules or connection setup.

api.hiveos.farm:8443

api.hiveos.farm:41282

amster.hiveos.farm

Not sure if this has always been this way could just be what it says. But I had not run that test before having this issue. So this could just be needing to open those ports or whatever.

Anyway some response from the Devs would be nice! :slight_smile:

+1 getting the same thing. Telegram to say the rig is down, check SSH and it’s happily mining away.

hi
i am using hiveos on my rig with 7x470 GPU.
my problem is our network goes down and i have to reboot switch to fix it.
i havn’t this problem when i using windows 10.
does anyone know???