More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Some GPU's have a speed of 0, then claymore freezes

I have two rigs, one with 6 amd cards, and it is working great. However my second one has 12 card (6amd and 6nvidia). It works in windows 10, and at one point all 12 cards were running. However now after I reboot, it only gets about 8 card working (not always the same cards). It runs for a few minutes like that then it gives a watchdog message, and freezes.

Where do I check to see what is causing this. It is strange because it seems random on which cards work and which ones don’t. Is there something I need to do to get over 8 cards working (somehow I did once).

Also is there a way to run two instances of claymore (one with the nvidia, and one with the AMD)? This is what I did in windows to get it to work, but I can’t seem to figure it out. I do see I can add a second miner to the rig, but how do I set the parameters different for the second one? I only see one wallet to link them to with the claymore settings. Or maybe I am just doing this all wrong…?

By the way, my motherboard is the Biostar TB250-BTC PRO. I think it is setup correctly since it works in windows.

Thanks
David

I have it working now. I noticed when booting up it gave an error (something to do with the bios on an amd gpu. So I flashed all the bioses again (I didn’t know which one it was), and now it is working