More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Suddenly lose half power

I’m not sure what is causing this. All of a sudden half the power will be lost and a reboot will immediately fix the issue. Is this an unstable overclock?
I have 6 GPUs:
2 3090s
2 6800 XTs
1 2070
1 6600 XT

Everything was fine until I added the second 3090 but I reconfigured them so each power supply is only doing one, so power shouldn’t be an issue. Each of them are capped at 300W.

Is the nvidia/AMD mix making it unstable?

It usually will run at a steady 430-450MH/s for 3-5 hours and then reboot itself (I have watchdog turned on)

Hi,
What PSU u have?
Describe your power connection from psu to gpu’s and riser’s…

I have 2 1000W power supplies that connect to the risers themselves and the cards. 3 cards + 3 risers to power supply one. 3 cards + 3 risers + motherboard to power supply two.

They are EVGA 80plus gold 1000W power supplies

I suppose you are running from one cable 1 spitter for GPU and riser (6 pin connection?)

Yes, except for the cards that require 2 8pin connectors, they get two cables from the PSU

If your PSU have not problems… then your OC need fixing values… (the last 3090 you put it in)…

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.