More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Thermal Pad replacement on Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC

Hi I’ve read that Gigabyte RTX '3000s series thermal pads from factory are of poor quality and quickly degrading leaving oily/silicon grease all over the memory (apart from the 1mm is ok).

I’ve read a reddit on the Gigabyte RTX 3080, however has anyone done the Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC and knows the correct pad thickness needed and where?

Front side is .5mm 1mm thermal pads that are non compressable will not work from experience back plate is 2.5mm

1 Like

Thank you Dycxpt for sharing that infomation.

The Gigabyte RTX 3070’s I have owned from new, and are housed in an enclousure with delta fans keeping them at constant 35°C. My thinking is if I don’t let them run hot then the pads are less likely to degrade and leech silicon out. One of the cards I let run at 53°C for 24hrs, It now sits consistently +3°C above the rest of identical cards, therefore I believe the pads have been damaged by the heat.

Gigabyte 3060Ti’s REV2.0 run hotter than Gigabyte 3070 due to the -10mm on the heatsink height.

Can I use 1 mm for all parts of front?
If not, would you please tell me where should I put the 0.5 and where 1mm exactly?

no you cant

Can you please tell me where should I use 0.5 and 1mm exactly?

How did you go with the thermal pads? I am planning on doing the same and need to order some more.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.