More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Unable to dual mine Eth+Erg on the same rig [solved]

I use teamred for erg and gminer for eth also use same oc on all algos

Ran it for 24 hours with no hiccups I usually mine raven for one day then ergo then etc sometimes

I set up a flight sheet with Teamredminer on Erg and Gminer on Eth, and it works fine. No idea why I’ve been unable to get it working with Phoenixminer, SRBMiner, or Lolminer. My settings were no different than yours except I was trying to use a different miner. The problem with using Gminer to mine Eth is that my hash rate for the 5 GPUs using Gminer is around 55% of what I was getting with Teamredminer.

Alright I’ve got it working with some of the other miners. For some reason Teamredminer and Phoenixminer do not work together in a dual mining setup. I’ve got it working with SRBMiner, Lolminer, and NBMiner so far. I’m getting a 14-16% reduction in my Eth hashrates, but Lolminer seems to be the best.

How did you fix it?

I don’t really know why it started working. My guess is that I previously switched flight sheets from TRM/Phoenixminer to TRM/SRBMiner or TRM/Lolminer without rebooting, and the issues from Phoenixminer caused the others to mess up. I’ve been rebooting the rig every time I try a new flight sheet and it seems to work that way. I’ve had a couple issues with GPUs being dead and the rig not rebooting, or the rig freezing up and not rebooting, but I think I solved those issues with a script I wrote and it’s running fairly stable now.

I updated now it isn’t working again gonna try everything again to try and fix it.this always happens when I update!

Is it worth investing in rtx 3090 and mine eth until it goes PoS, and then switch to erg?

Way off topic and too many variables @ilkoTheTiger

From power consumption, no.
From retail cost+, no.
If you are are FPS gamer and a miner, maybe, but 3080’s are hard to exceed.
If you can only run one card, and cost is not a factor, yes.

I have a single 3090(112Mhs) to compare against, AMD VIIs. The (2) worst VIIs(91+94MH/s) are in the same price range and they exceed the single 3090. My best VII’s are air cooled at 99MHs+.

Best wishes in making weighing the variables which apply to your personal use case! :slight_smile:

For the price of that 3090 you can buy 3 580 8gb for cheaper and get around the same mh in eth but irk about ergo.I been getting 580s for 275-300 shipped

Does it worth it?
Can you share more information like tuning, settings, version, etc.

Right now it’s more profitable to mine Eth, as the price of Erg has gone down recently. And I seem to get a hashrate that’s approximately 15% less with lolminer or srbminer, so you have to factor that in as well. Here’s one of my flight sheets using trm/lolminer, with 4 GPUs mining Eth, and 4 GPUs mining Erg.

Not sure if you’re still having issues but one problem I noticed when trying to dual mine with phoenix miner and t-rex miner is that when specifying which GPUs should be mining on which algo, phoenix uses the numbering scheme starting at “1” for the first GPU, whereas t-rex uses the numbering scheme starting at “0” for the first GPU. For example, in phoenix miner I had to set “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10” and in t-rex I had to set “8” for the ninth GPU. Hope that helps any.

I ended up using TRM and lolminer instead, and it worked okay for awhile, but I do think I was using the index of the GPUs starting with a 0 for Phoenixminer. I’ll definitely keep this in mind if I decide to give it another go. Thanks for the post @cg333

No problem. Yeah before I had that figured out, both miners were trying to use the same GPU do mine both coins. So it would crash the rig. Took a couple crashes before I figured out what was going on. Good luck if you try again someday!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.