More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Unknown error when connecting to HIveos with RX 580

Im getting the below issue when trying to connect.
GPU is RX580 8gb that I have bios set with Polaris.
Hiveos is new flash to SSD card in beta .
Am also having same issues when trying to connect through TeamRedMiner

Im thinking I may have bios the card wrong.

Hi,
Hive os (Hiveos is new flash to SSD card in beta .) version is beta?

Sorry I meant its a brand new SSD card that ive flashed the beta version of hive onto. Not the stable version

You need stable version…
https://download.hiveos.farm/
If after this your Gpu deos not recognize flash it with the stock bios…

Show us OC settings

Ive now flashed stable version and flashed GPU with original stock bios I saved.

Still the same issue :confused:

Will look on AMD website to try and find their bios on the off chance I corrupted my version when saving.

Try modding the bios with ubermix 3.2 and then use memory clock 2100 or 2050 for starters. Sometimes ubermix 3.1 limits the clock to 2050 or 2080

Before I do any more Modding .Ive heard mentioned a bios switch on some cards .I have located the switch on my card but there is no info description on card as to what position my switch is on. It is switched into furthers position away from HDMI ports

Is this a possible cause of my problem?

well there are only two positions. so switch it to the other and test.

So I switched to the other position and still had the same problem .I then did some rebooting and changing of the switch and got this

I then shutdown and rebooted with switch in other position and got

I then turned off as had to go to work. When I got back and rebooted I now have nothing ,back to same problem as before.
Even rebooting with the switched changed I can not get back mining again :roll_eyes:

Im thinking maybe try reflashing SDD card again or maybe I have a faulty motherboard.

What are your thoughts on overclock settings?

I dont think its the motherboard or the HiveOS image. have you tested this card in other slot or on another PC?the 31.43Mhs that you got were ok .
i suggest you bios mod it with polaris bios editor and ubermix 3.2 timings.

I tried in a different slot , still the same . Then i bios mod with Polaris and then it ran for 20min before stopping, fans kept running but not mining.
I then rebooted and got stuck on this

I left for 10 minutes then rebooted and then back to normal ive since refreshed bios on hive again and still the same.

The Polaris editor im using doesn’t seem to have a ubermix 3.2 that you mention. The one im using I downloaded from Github github.com/IndeedMiners after following the HobbyistMiner video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkSNkjZkc3Q&t=191s

are you using a different version of Polaris?

i am using 1.7.4

Just finished doing everything again using 1.7.4 . Still the same problem. Im out of ideas .Must be a bad card or ive just completely bricked it.

Anywhey thanks very much for your help rkulov.

Drop the clock settings try 1125 & 2000 & up the voltages to 900, the first bios at 26mhs was a stock bios the second position at 31.43 was a flashed bios , but that card was showing invalid shares at 31.43 which is an indicator of to much overclock…& maybe to much undervolt…rather underclock at startup, & increase in small increments…

Try the sloqer timings. When the pbe promts you for the timings, hit no and then use the slower timings and sgart with regular OC 1100 core, 85 voltage, 800 memory controller voltage, 2000 memory clpck. Then if it works try 1150 cor clock and 2050 memory clock. Then if it works try 2100 mem clock.

Ive did the above ,but still no joy.

Ive downloaded and flashed original bios back onto it from Techpowerup website and added to a new rig

Hive is now recognising GPU but NBminer is not.What I have noticed is there is no memory 8192 MB showing like in other GPU’s.

Any ideas on why or how to get to appear?

You have amd cards, best miner for them is teamredminer.
This gpu has low core voltage increase it to 850 atleast.
Also i am not sure if the bios is the right one or you might have a problem with this card since it doesnt recognize the memory.

Im pretty sure ive flashed the right bios. Just seems so strange that I did get working for about 20 minutes at one point.
Ill try again at the weekend .