More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Unknown GDDR6 xxx-xxx-xxx

Good day,

I have been having this issue since initial Install. Havent been able to mine whatsoever.
I have tried the Stable version, Beta and Vega. Even gone down to an even lower image.
I have also tried it on the SSD and multiple USB flash drives.

I currently have 2 x Radeon RX 5700 GPUS installed. One on the PCIe 16 and one on a riser.

I have tried to update the drivers but with no success.
Currently running on 19.30 Driver

This is my first rig and want to expand but not coming right. Please assist

Unknown GDDR6 - vendor of GPU memory detects only on Beta2
xxx-xxx-xxx - MSI and Gigabyte usually has wrong (empty) BIOS string

Thank you, How do I get Beta2?
What BIOS String would you recommend?

reflash current installation via Hive Shell and command hive-replave

or download and flash as usual from Beta section on web site

Thank you. Will let you know if it comes right

Good day HaloGenius, I re flashed to the Beta2 as you said I should. This worked and was going well. I then Flashed a VBIOS from Techradar for my Graphics cards and tried to reboot the system. The problem is now the system wont even boot into BIOS. I now have a black screen with a white dot… What must I do to fix this now?

1 Like

Try boot in Maintenance mode without loading drivers and than try flash original VBIOS (I hope you save it)

изображение

Thanks for the beta branch idea. I just installed a gigabyte RX 5600 XT in my rig with other 570’s and 580’s, and it also shows up as “GDDR6 xxx-xxx-xxx” and does not start hashing. The other cards run fine. How do I find other beta versions on the main website? i tried 0.6-151 and the vram still wasn’t recognized.

1. Some brands for example Gigabyte and MSI has wrong BIOS number . In this case you’ll see xxx-xxx-xxx after word GDDR6
  2. Memory brand you should see before GDDR6. If not write to support email [email protected] Maybe you have some unique card or unsupported card

Thanks, it’s a Gigabyte RX 5600 XT 6GB.

It’s the first in the 5xxx series I have tried in my rigs. I’ll email that address.

For both my Radeon RX 5700 cards. They are hashing but the memory still shows xxx-xxx-xxx. I’m running the stock BIOS on the cards. Had to re flash them through my windows PC though as it seems the Flashing on Hive doesn’t work for me… and also running 06-140@200519 and 19.30 drivers. but everything seems to be working fine for now.

Unknown GDDR6 xxx-xxx-xxx - appeared on Navi Beta1 Image with latest update on MSI or Gigabyte RX 5700 cards

1 Like

@LaundryShooter What mining algorithm are you using? team red miner? claymore? phoenix miner?

@aeronerd I am using Phoenix miner

универсальное решение для замены образа Hive на работающих системах Linux.
Вы указываете URL с образом (лучше в локальной сети, HTTP, FTP, NFS или на локальном диске).
Сценарий произведет запись его на диск, сохранив существующий файл rig.conf или запросит FARM_HASH.
Вы можете запустить этот скрипт на любом другом Linux (Ubuntu, Ethos, SMOS).
Обновление образов с драйверами и всего остального никогда не было таким простым как теперь!

HiveOS_reflash.1543080688.png

• Обновлены майнеры
    — bminer 10.6.0
    — xmrig-amd 2.8.6
    — cryptodredge 0.11.0
  • Исправлены скрипты HW вотчдогов

first you need the alpha img file which is here

then you need to update the driver manually:

#cd /hive-driver-pack

download the latest driver:

#wget https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/linux/amdgpu-pro-20.30-1109583-ubuntu-18.04.tar.xz

decompress it:

#tar -Jxvf amdgpu-pro-20.30-1109583-ubuntu-18.04.tar.xz

enter the directory:

#cd amdgpu-pro-20.30-1109583-ubuntu-18.04

uninstall current driver:

#amdgpu-uninstall

install with the new:

#./amdgpu-pro-install --opencl=pal,legacy

HI all,

i had the same issue with the release version of HiveOS, i have reflashed the SSD with Beta 146 and it is working.

However should i update the GPU Drivers? i am using Sapphire Pulse 5600XT and getting 40mhs per card, i think perhaps they can do a little higher?

When i try to wget the drivers it seems it cannot find them, it sits for ages doing nothing.

Mod the BIOS, I was getting 50mhs per card as a standard, With the BIOS mod Im getting 57 just under 58 mh/s per card. Makes a big difference over the amount of cards you have. You will also draw less Watts in the end.
Edit: This is with RX5700’s

These are 5600XT not 5700XT, not sure they can do 50mhs let alone 57mhs heheh

haha yeah, I made the edit just after… But Im sure you will still be able to push just that little bit extra out of them with a BIOS mod. Go look at voskcointalk.com for a Modding guide. I followed that to the T and thats my results. :slight_smile: