More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Hello everyone who is trying to mine with the RX6800 Radeon, I read several topics reporting about not running this model of HIVEOS Linux on the board.

I will leave some topics below on the topics to focus on and better organize on the subject if you find this useful.

I would like to focus on this topic news about the position of the developers on the functioning of the RX6800 on HiveOS Linux, if anyone has information please post here.

I believe that the development team is working on this in view of the number of people interested in using this model RX6800.

Hug to everyone.

Sorry for my English for the google translator. :upside_down_face:

Topics about RX6800:

1 Like

Thanks Christi !!

1 Like

I bought an RX6800 card that should arrive this week, new in the sealed box!

Model: Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 6800 Gaming, 16 Gbps, 16GB, DDR6 - 11305-02-20G

I am using the HiveOS Linux system in version 0.6-199 @ 210218 and as soon as I arrive I will put it to run and come back here to report if there are any problems.

I will keep this topic up to date with my test reports, interested parties and friends who are also having problems or not with an RX6800 card. Please use this space to better document everything about the subject.

1 Like

I have 2 Power Color Red Dragon RX 6800 that I have been unable to use. I am on HiveOS Linux 0.6-199@210218.

1 Like

I gave a good read in some posts of users who are having problems related to the RX6800 card and I am leaving here a list of these people so that the development team will kindly pay attention when they can.

I’m sure a good job is being done with the development of Hive Os and we need a support to get these RX6800 cards working perfectly.

I am closely following everything related to this RX6800 card and will keep everyone who is interested informed here on this topic.

Users and members of this forum having problems with the RX6800 Card!

Cerberus-Crypto
CryptoMining
Markhsa
Lafuente
cocotriche
chillidog
elektroiso
thedeep4444
Curyz
420thomas
Misiek
Belantaioba
PedroRosa
Roald
geopapai
mehdi.hakimi
Belantaioba
Parka
Nk58

Correct me if there is a wrong name on that list.

2 Likes

My Sapphire RX 6800 Puls won’t work either under HiveOS.

1 Like

So guys. I’m save you some time.

First ask on discord to the user @TiasJ#0527
Ask him for the image that can mix rtx with big navi. He will ask you about your worker URL or your worker ID and he will do all work for tou

Second. I have a sapphire pulse to. And the overclock and undervolt on hiveos together with a 3070 its getting me a lot of reject shares.
Sometimes a put a wrong value on the 3070 just to see. And the 6800 that gaves me reject shares lol.

So the oc on this cards that have to be discuss. I tolk to a lot of guys and they ysing a different setts.
I notes that on nicehash i have more rejects.

Ps. Sorry for my bad english, i’m brazillian

Hello friend, I’m also from Brazil.

It is interesting that we keep as much technical information in this topic so that developers, when viewing, have a greater wealth of details to know how to solve the problem.

I bought a motherboard of this model below and 3 units of the RX6800 that should arrive this week, I will carry out the tests as soon as I put them to run.

These are some of my settings:

Model: Gigabyte Z390 Designare lga1151 ddr4 hdmi motherboard

Model: Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 6800 Gaming, 16 Gbps, 16 GB, DDR6 - 11305-02-20G

Model: CORSAIR HX1200I 1200W MODULAR power supply, 80 PLUS PLATINUM CERTIFICATE, CP-9020070-WW

Model: Intel Core i3 processor

Memory: 8GB

Hello cristian, I have a card in my hands exactly like your rx6800 16 gb, unfortunately it’s not working on hive os, I’ll be following your post for more information too.

1 Like

The support team was very attentive and answered me with the image that the RX6800 can work with.

Recalling that it may present a failure because it is a developing image.

Collaborate here leaving your experiences reported, as well as screens and models of all the equipment you use.

Support for RX 6800/6800XT/6900XT GPUs currently available only with the Alpha Image and it comes with some prerequisites/conditions:

1. Minimum 8GB RAM required.
2. Voltage regulation is currently not supported. only CORE and MEM are adjustable as of yet. (We’re working on applying full support on the next build)
3. Mixing Nvidia GPUs with this build is currently NOT SUPPORTED. AMD only.
4. Naturally, being an early stage alpha, you’re bound to run into issues, which you can report directly to me.

Alpha build:

http://download5.hiveos.farm/test_images/hiveos-0.6-195-hiveos-next%40210202.img.xz

You can either download the build and flash it with i.e. balenaEtcher, or you can hive-replace an existing hive installation.

SSH in / Hive Shell and run the following;

hive-replace -y http://download5.hiveos.farm/test_images/hiveos-0.6-195-hiveos-next%40210202.img.xz

Just now.

3 Likes

Nossa que maravilha irei fazer o teste hoje anoite, e postarei se deu certo pra vocês. A princípio o agradecimento a todos os envolvidos

1 Like

O pior é que minha placa mãe ainda não chegou da china e minha placa da nvidia está misturada.

Será que demora o próximo update?

Do the tests and report here to help others, this is the true sense of community and that makes the internet wonderful.

Unfortunately a lot of people come and get the information that is useful and when they decide they don’t come back to share the solution with the others.

I’m sure the developers are always keeping an eye on the forum to see what problems are coming up for them to work on a solution.

And the more reports and details to facilitate their work the better!

1 Like

I think that all new updates depend not only on the developers but on the whole community reporting tests and errors so they can improve the system!

If you can describe the tests you did, what were the errors that appeared, model of the board, system version, memory etc … it will help the developers to better inform themselves to carry out the tests in development.

My card has arrived, now the motherboard and the source are missing so I can start performing the tests and report the entire procedure with successes and errors.

1 Like

Hi there,

I have no problem with RX6800 so please remove my name from this fucking list. At least before writing name on a list you would like to read what people said. In all topics, I just explaib HOW-TO use RX6800 with HiveOS, not complain about it !

Thank you

I already got your fucking name off that list.

Thank you for helping to correct this since I asked when writing the list myself if you managed to read this at the end of the post.

Usuários e membros deste fórum estão tendo problemas com a placa RX6800!

Cerberus-Crypto
CryptoMining
Markhsa
cocotriche
chillidog
elektroiso
thedeep4444
Curyz
420thomas
Misiek
Belantaioba
PedroRosa
Roald
geopapai
mehdi.hakimi
Belantaioba
Parka
Nk58

Corrija-me se houver um nome errado nessa lista.

Pode me colocar também

Ok I’m putting your name, but try to put this command and update using this command below:

You can download the build and update it with balenaEtcher or you can replace an existing installation of hive.

Just be aware that it is an alpha version and may have instabilities in your production environment, so I suggest you create a test environment first.

SSH em / Hive Shell e execute o seguinte;

hive-replace -y http://download5.hiveos.farm/test_images/hiveos-0.6-195-hiveos-next%40210202.img.xz

Users and members of this forum are having problems with the RX6800 card!

Cerberus-Crypto
CryptoMining
Markhsa
cocotriche
chillidog
elektroiso
thedeep4444
Curyz
420thomas
Misiek
Belantaioba
PedroRosa
Roald
geopapai
mehdi.hakimi
Belantaioba
Parka
Nk58
YWX11mh8jwZq

Correct me if there is a wrong name on this list.

Hi . I found several topics about swiching on RX 6800 and 6900 . I know that cards can wok on hiveos with latest opencl 20.45 drivers but i dont know how to install them . If someone solve this problem please write some about. For me i thin now is to compliceted now.