More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Olá, montei recentemente meu equipamento de mineração e comprei 3 GPU’s RX 6800 XT.
Tive muito trabalho ajustando os parâmetros para conseguir o melhor de cada placa.
Porém uma delas eu não consigo o mesmo ajuste. Porque isto acontece?

Normal cara, cada placa tem vida própria. As minhas também variam todas, difícil é achar uma que é exatamente igual

1 Like

Boas tenta por as minhas configurações… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I couldn’t get TeamRedminer to read my 6800 and 5700 cards. I’m on the latest version and it only reads the 6800 cards. Switched back to Phoenix Miner and all cards work.

My mining device was suddenly stopped mining on 28 April with [PhoenixMiner] it was overclocked with [core :1200 and M clock : 1060] and it gave around MIN:62.50 - MAX: 62.70 MH/s. search and try to diagnose from console but it seems some kernel problem made this happen.
so i forced to change my mining to Team read miner, and i found something amazing :
1- it provides 62.30 + MH/s for each card
2- less power consumption by each card around 15 to 20 %
3- hash rate power [in pool] got more stable than before so cause submitting more shares.
4- temperature of each card decrease as compare with phoeneix miner thereby its causes less fan usage [auto fan ] which means less Amp consumption …

i applied new over clock setting in team red miner
core clock : 1300
M. clock : 1070
remain : leave empty

• use auto fan : min = 25% and Max: 55% (till now its fluctuated b/w 30 to 35 %)
1 Like

please check and advice
RX 6800 bios mode

i got the exact same behavior, any1 had the same issue ?

Put me on the list plz !!

I got issue with my 6800, i was using Phoenix and it completly stop working like 3-4 days ago, it doesnt regonize it anymore, wierd !!! it show 0 hasrate , so i swap to lolminer and it regonize it but my hasrate is terrible, i think i got good setting can anyone help me out to understand why my hasrate are so low comparing to all setting i saw for 5700xt and also 6800. An answer would be greatly appreciated please !!!

1. PhoenixMiner 5.6a and 5.6b (and maybe for whole 5.5 versions too) broken for 6000 series since epoch 411. You can back to 5.4c for example - it’s works
  2. PhoenixMiner has infiltrated hashrate so it’s not lolMiner issue. It’s faked hashrate up to +3% instead what you see on lolMiner or TeamRedMiner. Check your hashate on pool.

Switch to Gminer for the time being, not sure of the problem with PhoenixMiner yet.

I’m also struggling with this as I feel like both my ref 6800 and 6800xt are interfering with each other. 6800 is 56-59MH/s unstable, where my 6800xt always changes when I tinker with my 6800. I feel like we just lost the silicone lottery here but I want to see if it’s not some setting. I’m missing. Very frustrating and losing so much time in trying to figure this out. Funny thing is Windows gives my 6800 a consistent 61.5 MH/s.

Gminer give me error when i start it, OC error type for my 4 first GPU… wierd… i went to lolminer with exact same settings… and it works like a charm for 6 hours now.

SO here wht i try :

• Downgrade to phoenix 5.4C and thanks it did regonize my 6800 card but honestly very unstable, it even shutdown during last night

• I try TeamRedMIner and my god i got tuns of error : gpu detected dead… almost every 5-10 minutes… i try for 3 days to have some stability, but never passed more then 1 hour with no error, so i give up on them also.

Gminer give me that OC error as soon it start on my 4 first GPU so i gave up also, wht ever the OC setting …

I then went on lol,iner and it works now for over 6 hours now with no error !!!

So guys can some1 explain me wht im doing wrong, why i have so many differents behavior ? there is no consistency in the problems… why lolMiner doesnt give me any error !!! riser to change ? cable usb to change ?.. im a bit lost !!! thanks for any feedback !

Exact same issue! I have been pulling my hair… I have this RIG. All cards are reference.
GPU0 - 6700XT
GPU1- 6800
GPU2- 6800XT
GPU3- 6800XT Midnight

Changing OC on 6800 always messes around with one of my 6800XTs.

I know right? I hope this can be fixed with a driver update or something. I feel it’s just driver problem. It worked fine with my Gigabyte 6800 but Reference just interferes with each other.

last thing i didnt try is to force a new version of AMD drivers on HiveOS, cause if you look to the drivers they using in their build, its not the latest version available on AMD site.

here is a post talking on how acheive that :

Just not sure of the result and if HiveOS image will like it since they dont use it… but im getting almost to that point !!! if any1 can try it and let me know if it works !!!

I should to say you need to know it.
AMD drivers since 20.45 used pci-e atomics. That’s mean that GPU need to be installed in PCI-E Gen3 or higher port. Also due changes in drivers structure Vega / VII and Navi (5000 series) not usable in mining on it.
So according to above I don’t understand why you need 20.45+ drivers which not about mining in most cases? If you looking to hashrate then I need to upset you - NO, hashrate will be the same.
Also I wrote it’s many time that OpenCL it’s only library (one of driver component) and not full AMD driver.

hi i would like to know what version drivers you use to make it work on windows

Windows 10 still a better platform for mining using this card vs linux.

So far, the best possible combination is the 21.4.1 AMD driver and PhoenixMiner 5.6b. Use MorePowerTool to lower core voltage to 612 mV and tune accordingly.

I just got a new XFX 6800 QICK, and with the Beta Image I can not get the card to mine. I do get it to be recognized in HiveOS but the other card a rx580 starts to mine and the 6800 just sits there.

edit - I switched to TeamRedMiner and the 6800 started mining. Running stable at 60.5

You must use stable version for RX 6800… It has already been solved here.