More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Should we wait for release? or is this alpha/beta dependable.

As you did, we hashing away on Win, while other rig on hive. Pain to manage/monitor!

What miner are you gonna use? can you related here?

i’m using Phoenix 5,4b

Teamred on win10. Related to MSI 6800XT on Hive beta (didnt work). Card on a olderHP w440 Xeon workstation. So went solo R&D since MB was suspect.

Try NBminer, TeamRed not working well on Alpha version

2 Likes

Guys you already know what ALPHA version means it may have problems, but it is getting better every day so you know the risk when using it.

If you have a very large environment and you cannot take the risk of seeing everything stop, it is better to wait for the final version, but you still have the BETA that can come out with some additional resources.

I’m using it here for tests and I also found that some miners are not working, but here I went to TeamRedMiner because there it says that the specialty is AMD and it worked perfectly.

I noticed that new features were included even in the controls of FANs.

I also noticed that in some moments when accessing hiveonStats he is giving that error screen where he says not to create panic.

Anyway everything is getting even better, we will always contribute more suggestions for improvements than just criticisms so that the developer can improve the system more and more every day.

I still want to set up an exclusive topic as I said for those interested in OC to hear tips, ideas, suggestions and models but this is for another topic to be more organized and focused on the subject.

Take a look at this topic if you want to post your settings there we can talk about that topic to better organize the subject. :+1:

My RX6800 is not mining. AMD drivers updated and tried TRM with last three available images with no luck. It works fine on TRM on Win10.

Any suggestions?

Reposted:
As stated before, you need to have a different image then you currently have. You have 5.4.80 Kernel, which is the latest stable version. You can use one of the following: (this is from the HiveOS Discord)

from Rx 6800 does it support this card - #48 by itsZeroday

You can also use this version:

(this is originally from the dev in the HiveOS Discord)

1 Like

Hello guys.
I am having same issue as you. I Got RX 6800 and could not run in under HIVEOS. Since alpha version does not allow to modify voltage, i think its pointles to run it. Meanwhile i installed windows 10, downloaded Teamredminer, modified minimum voltage to 612, with MorePowerTool (youtube videos), set memory to 2150, core clock to 1160 and Card is running 62,3MHS with consumption- from wall 100w, which is great. This is temporary solution for me, until devs fully suport this card in hiveos :slight_smile: I hope this will help somebody :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could you share your very detailed settings about the OC by letting us see the data on this screen below please?

My suggestion is to do as I did, take the installation provided by the developer and redo an installation from scratch with everything redone. Because it was what I did and it worked, preferably use a hard drive that has not been used before to avoid the risk of it saving some of the previous partitions with kernel passing.

1 Like

Hi, I dont run in on HIVEOS. I wrote, that i had to switch to windows 10, because i did not like performance/consumption ratio on hiveos alpha OS.
1)instal clean windows, get all updates.
2) install newest drivers of GPU
3) download teamredminer from github, and download MorePowerTool.
4) RX 6800 63mh/s at 105 Watts! - YouTube
Its running for me very well.

Its bad, that you dont have overview on hiveos, but i see this as best temporary solution, until devs add fully support to those card.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, it works. Any idea what the acceptable Memory Temperature should be like?

Thanks!

You could share your current settings on this topic like this, who knows more people appear there and together we find the best efficiency. :+1:

Any news regarding a stable version where I don’t have to upgrade the ram? I’ve only got 4gb installed and finding 8gb DDR 3 sticks in my country is a challenge.

Recently bought an xfx Rx 6800 but its not working too sweet in here.

Sincerely friend, the recommendation for what I read not only on the AMD website but here on HiveOS is that the minimum is 8GB of memory, a way to get 4GB more so that the system is running smoothly on the RX6800 cards. performance improves in the OC.

Do not waste your time waiting for a stable version that accepts to run with only 4GB of memory, I think this is very difficult to happen but I may be wrong, if anyone knows something about it, please correct me.

1 Like

@Avram_Seeligsohn
No news of stable version, but there is a beta available that has a 4GB requirement.

2 Likes

I have my 6800 working with the latest alpha and Teamredminer but just wondering what this temperature is on my 5600xt and if it’s considered to high? My normal temps are fine, I have circled it in red on the screenshot. 96c

Thanks

hello, good job !
I could simplify the process a little, in hiveos run
hive-replace -y --list

and choose the last beta for big navi :slight_smile:

however, it works but not completly (my card isn’t completly recognised) :