More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Using Onboard Graphics for display only

Does HiveOS support the use of AMD’s onboard graphics CPUs for display output?

I’ve just finished setting up my rig and have not been able to get an output from it with the output coming from the CPUs onboard graphics, I was wondering if this is to do with me running the GPU image while the CPU has Vega Graphics that might be interfering with the OS (should I be using the ‘VEGA’ image?).

I have tried swapping out the risers, the motherboard, the RAM and changing the GPUs (RX 580s), even as far as changing the PCIE slots where they’re plugged in, but nothing seems to work.
When connecting the display output to the GPU I get an image but cannot get a ‘load’ on the GPU’s apart from the one plugged into the 16x slot, but that has no memload like the rest. Also, there seems to no way for me to see the rig remotely as the WebUI and Phone App show the rig as offline.

Any advise or what I can do to fix this?

YT

Have you tried setting your motherboard to select onboard graphics 1st, that’s what i had to do on my Asrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0.

Did you fix this? I have a 2200g and I can get to bios, the hive boot menu and as soon as the hive GUI loads nothing. The monitor stays active and doesn’t go into standby but no display output unfortunately. The apu does say disabled in hive but wondering if you ever got this working? I’ve had a support ticket open for a couple weeks now with the hive team working on this.

Hi there!
Did the same. Hiveos booted, but no screen to be shown. Remotely its working, but no display image.
If i chooe ext gfx in bios, it is okay. But not in hiveos.
Also did an MBR version, wasnt even able to load up. :frowning:
did anyone managed to fix this?
thx

Force IGPU in BIOS and boot from legacy mode from USB/HDD (whichever Hive is installed on)

2 Likes

just had time to try. still no picture shown on screen. miner is not working too

Hello all,

similar problem in my case. So the motherboard settings in Bios are to start from onboard card.

The sytuation is:

1. The screen is starting i can get to Bios from. Monitor connected to onboard card. No image from external card.
  2. WHen HiveOs is starting I need to switch to external card there I case see console. No image from onboard card.

Is there any way to use for video output only onboard/cpu card.

1 Like

Any update on this topic?
Same Issue=> Onboard forced in bios but only SSH visible on GPU not on Onboard graphics output
Any ubuntu command that would force Hiveos to display on the onboard graphics?

1 Like

hiveos needs some improvement on this, but maybe I’m wrong.

Did it, it works for me, thx for your help (AS ROCK b450 pro4 rev2 + AMD Athlon 220 GE)

I’ve my screen from begining to the following last boot command: “Starting X Server”, then it’s still a black screen.
It’s not a real problem because I can use shell to use my rig but I’m curious to know why I can’t use my monitor for mining screen.
Any ideas ?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.