More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Uvd not responding trying to reset vcpu

Rx-580 pulse 8gb, gigabyte ga-b250-fintech. Such mistake both with plugged card in x16 and with riser.

Mistake starts with those words “uvd not responding trying to reset vcpu” then some text and ends with a start job is running for hive. Failed to send message ret.

And there was “started stop ureadahead data collection”

2 Likes

Same problem. Have 4 new pulse and only one of these is working. 3 have same problem. Need new patch? Михаил, твои пульсы до этого работали?

I fixed mine by changing the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="" value in /etc/default/grub file to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“radeon.modeset=nomodeset” then running sudo update-grub. Hope this helps.

Download new bios. It’s help me.

Пульсы работали, но год назад в хайве. Щас вылезает эта ошибка а за ней портянка с текстом. Щас помогла только бета версия.

Where to find this in hive?

Михаил, я же написал. У меня из 4 новых 3 выдавали эту ошибку. Я просто взял биос с той, что работала и залил в другие. Все заработало. В итоге это траблы с биосом связаны. Оставляй почту, вышлю биос. У меня сапфиры пульсы 580 . Была проблема на памяти самсунг, так же есть на Микронах.

1 Like

You have to do it from the command line in HiveOS. Just cd to the grub file dir, open the grub file with something like nano, edit the file and save. Then run sudo update-grub and reboot. If you’re not familiar with a Linux command line you can easily find the exact details via Google. :slight_smile:

[email protected] скиньте пожалуйста Ваш биос

Это не траблы с биосом… Никак не с биосом. Просто разрабы карт, расширили апаратную инфу у самих картах, которая не воспринимается старыми драйверами и Линуксом.
Надо либо новый драйвер (от 20.10 и выше)
Либо чтобы HIVE перешел на Ubuntu 20. Я из-за этого вышел с хайва на другую систему. Ибо новые карты тупо не работают в нем… А шить биос с других карт - не помогает… надо чтобы прям-прям подошел… Я больше 12 штук перешил - ни один не помог.

Hi Ferma-mihaila
Could you fix the issue? I’m facing the same and I already upgrade the BIOS and changed the value in Grub. It didn’t work. Did you find the solution??

Thanks in advance

Hello! Just wanted to say that I’m looking for an answer to the same problem.
20 days ago I had a similar error for one of my cards. I unplugged it and the system worked ok without it.
Last night all the cards failed for this error and I really don’t know what to do
It’s interesting that first time it happened exactly at 10:00 AM and last night at exactly 03:00 AM
Makes me think it’s a software issue but I just don’t know what it could be.
By the way, I tried modifying the grub file and it didn’t help.
Thanks for any ideas

Solved mine by flashing the 2019 version of HiveOS on a new SSD. Opening in maintenance mode with loading drivers, disable GUI and then flashing the cards with “unknown memory” to their stock vbios.