More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

Here´s my Powercolor Hynix 56

amdmemtweak --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Bios

2 Likes

Anyone have tips or tricks for flashing? I am trying to flash a MSI Padeon RX Vega 64 Air Boost to a 56. First off: Which Bios do I need? Brand specific? Or AMD? I have tried the AMD ones and it failed flashing. So I take it that I need to do the MSI one?

hi @Smining570 , your card is power color nano ? I already try some off power color vega 56 bios with code 111 at techpowerup (verified & not verified bios) and the result my power color Red Devil wont boot, always stuck in HiveOs screen when trying to identified the card (or maybe I should wait long enough :sweat_smile:)

also I notice your bios file size is 512kb, usually when I’m download vega bios is always 256kb. It’s ok to flash it ? because whenever I’m trying to flash bios 512kb to my other card in HiveOs the result it’s always Error in the vga.

Thanks for the info and bios

usually you’ll have to use the same brand bios, take a look at your card watt consumption and look for other bios with more low watt consumption, and if it doesn’t work try another bios with watt near your original bios watt consumption.

Cmiiw, it’s my way of trying to find the correct bios, and maybe it could work for you.

Got the Bios flashed. The key was I had to enable “Force Flashing “ in n the overclock tab. I did that and put some straps with OC settings and my Vega 64s now flashed to 56s are clocking in at 50.xxMhs.

Usually you’d download the original rom file, then mod it and reupload and flash it.
If you don’t have access to the original, go to TechPowerUp and download the bios from there. You may have to try several. Sooner or later you should find one that’ll flash.

hello to all !! i have an msi vega 56 with hynix mem but the best i can do is about 46 mhs . i tryied everything here but this card only works with this straps
amdmemtweak --CL 18 --RC 34 --RP 13 --WR 11 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 17000 --RFC 164 --RTP 6 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 4 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 21 --RCDWR 11

clock 1060 vdd 850 mem 930
can anyone help me if there is any chance to reach 50mhs?

Hello guys, please help me with the settings of my vega 64! I wish to improve it more

Back to ETH after 3 months on ERG; I guess this could be the final push so I decided to re-do all my software and overclocks for ETH…
Very successful almost first time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:; 25x Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 Cards (Samsung Memory) with 56 BIOS flashed - across 4x Rigs keeping it as simple as I can:

This is a B-mode configuration (a little harder to stabilise).

• HiveOS: 20.40 (5.11.0701)
  • TeamRedMiner: Extra config: --eth_config=B
  • B-mode OC’s: Core Clock = 1050Mhz, Core Voltage = 812mV, Memory Clock = 1020Mhz
    (Memory Clock = 1010Mhz for the card that crashed)
  • Advanced config: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12
    (–RC 38, for the card that crashed)
  • One card that I had to do both on to get stable; Memory Clock = 1010Mhz and --RC 38…

My Vega 64’s are putting my 5700 XT’s to shame for Cost vs MH

6 Likes

Hola tengo una gigabyte con memoria samsung , vega 56 claro cual seria la correa?

Guys any help for invalid shares in GPU 0 ? the invalid keep building up to 5 invalid per days

it’s give me a headache, I’ve done :

• up RC from 37 to 38
  • up RCDRD from 12 to 14
  • decreased MEM from 1020 to 1010
  • decrased CORE from 1050 to 1030

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 38 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

should I lower the OC settings more ?

Hello, So i have a powercolor vega oc 64, not sure what the original bios was but this one in use is 016.001.001.000.008769.
I would like to flash to 56 bios to get higher than 36mh max…

UPADTE: after messing around with tweaks, i got up to 54 mhs with the 64 bios. After reading vegas 64 oc 8gb with samsung mem dont get much pass 50mh, im gonna leave it alone. unless someone has any advice to boost it up any.

After some more tweaking got it to 50mh with 73 watts(seems low, idk how), that good overall, or better to try and boost mh?

New to hiveos, last build was in 2018, so i ask noob questions.

WELL, of course i tried to get more MH and gpu now assumed bricked?
Fan doesnt spin, but starts to when turned on but stops before 1 spin, tried to use switchs on bottom of card, no luck… checked risers, slots, plugged in only that card, etc…

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

try to set amdmemtweak as image below and change the RC to 38

last resort try to flash using 56 bios, because you gain more hash and lower watt in 56 bios

Cant flash bios, cant see card with atiflash or HWiNFO. But can see card with Display Driver Uninstaller DDU. Have another card that was bricked and had vega bios and 4, 570 bios recognized, ugh.

Anyways, got a couple techniques to try, reflash from dos, connect pins on pcb… reflash emproms wwith j-link or something.

you can flash with hiveos if you want or maybe you will find your answer in here

Hey anyone has an idea why some of my cards are getting GPU DEAD after like 12 hours or mining? I’ve tried upping the voltage even by 50 still the same…

Do u have any changes in ambient temp during 24hrs ? Check stats on that problem gpu and see if there is any qlues there at the time when that card dies…power, fan speed,temps. Maybe try swap riser´s with another card and see if issue continues and go from there.

1 Like

Hi guys, need some help with 3x vega56 hynix memory, no matter what straps i apply and oc invalid shares are nightmare !(ethash) Screenshot_20211003_004137_com.android.chrome_edit_345322760176993|690x114
15 invalids so far, second one and third one

any solution?

What wattage are you using seems a little low