More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

Thanks for the response.

Here are the cards at default

Cards with config form first post

Cards with config field from clipboard.

@ss-silver :
The rig crashed with Mem 1028 (and RCRD at 18)

So I edited OC a bit like @oni mentioned, going down to Mem 1010 and VDD up to 850. (and also toggle Agressiveness on)

Hasn’t been long yet, but for now it runs ok, albeit a bit slower than the other cards.

If it is still running ok when I go to bed in an hour, I will leave them on during the night to check the results tomorrow.

2 Likes

I dont see why vega´s are not starting to mine…maybe mem too high and hive cant apply oc…try all vega´s core to 1000

Here are the stat at 1000,
Im new sure its something basic im not doing?

Well, everything seens to be ok. last thing that i can think of is remove straps from all vega s and try reboot with these Clocks. the mem and core are fine for both Samsung and hynix Mem… so straps of, and if… it start mine, apply straps after you have reach the oc on all cards. when doing oc, increace values like 5to10 by time and one card at the time so u know when and what has gone wrong. if it dosent start without straps with these values, im afraid that im out of options…sorry

1 Like

Increasing the OC on core did not start mining.
researching through the thread a similar issue was posted and fixed by xinit.user.sh AMDMemTweak – read/write mem timings
when I click on shellinabox Im transferred to connection is not private page where I can’t advance.
My question is do you think i’m going in the right direction?
If so Im guessing xinit.user.sh to load driver on boot? I see nvidia load in green but ADM is red on boot.

xinit.user.sh was the old way of adding straps on boot. It used to work up to hive version 195 or so.
you have the latest hive version so the straps on boot should just work when you add them to the Tweak in the OC window.
something else must be wrong, but I also don’t see what.
maybe try TeamRedMiner instead of Ethminer ?
I’ve seen in earlier posts that you’ve already flashed a vbios on them, but what were the cards originally? brand? type? reference cards (1 fan) or aftermarket (more than 1 fan)? and did you save their original vbios prior to flashing another one?

2 Likes

hello, I really need help with my Vega 56 MSI hynix memory

• either it makes invalids, or it crashes
    I tried everyone’s straps for 15 days on this discussion but nothing to do … impossible to stabilize and have at least 50Mh
    someone to help me?

looks like from the screenshot that u dont have any straps applied, or? Have u tried with default hynix straps or some straps that are provided here in this thread?

hey Smining,
i have test all straps of this forum, from you and from Vsimovic from Rocco1180 and from Cr001, and other
but nothing to do, allways problem with carsh or invalid
of my msi hynix impossible to work minus RCDRD 18 and more coreclock as 1020, memory at 920 but only 48mh
i dont understand why she could work more

i test actually this straps

I belive vdd doesn’t generate Invalids. For me it was too high mem clock or too tight RCDRD or RC timings. Sometimes rising slightly mem voltage could also help.

What does aggressive undervolting do? I have it switched off on all Vegas.

What you can do I to disable all Vegas in HiveOS and switch them on one by one to check which one causes the problems. I would also assign very light straps on them for example:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 39 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 12

the straps from SS-argent are not good for me only 48.2mh
i am actually since 43minutes with this overclock

and with this straps

Everthing for do better ? and why after 2hours i have some invalid share example into 20minutes i can have 15 invalid share

sorry i has crashed in time how i write the message

I suggest RC 36-37 and mem clock about 935, core 1030 would be enough. For power saving try core voltage 820 and lover every 5mh if it runs stable. My 2 Hynix cards are running stable with 780mv and only 102watts. Sometimes Hynix can’t run more than 48mh :skull_and_crossbones:

In next few days i’m starting project with custom cooling for my reference MSI Vega 56 (Samsung) which runs louder than my hoover “loud and proud” to make mem cooler than 70c! This may be interesting for people afraid of summer coming :sun_with_face:
I bought already aftermarket Thermaltake water cooling, small radiators for memory and Kraken G12 adapter :snowflake: keep fingers crossed

3 Likes

How are people managing to get to 50+Mh/s?

I have a Vega 56 Red Dragon with Samsung memory. The core is at 1250MHz / 880mV and the memory is 1030MHz / 910mV, which seems like a really good overclock, but I’m only getting 46.5Mh/s. I’ve seen people hit 47Mh/s at less than 950MHz.

I’m using TRM on Windows with these timings.

–CL 20 --RAS 30 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 8 --RC 44 --RP 14 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --REF 17000 --RFC 249

Changing to teamredminer got 3 Cards hashing but my 570 and 580 stopped.
I reflashed the vega cards not hashing, nothing
put oc to 0 on all not hashing cards nothing.
low voltage off
Picture has card returned to bacis oc
do I need to update to personal havon platform?
real not sure where to look next but thanks so much for moving me past a three day stalemate

3 Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB flashed to 101
1 Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB flashed to 101
1 Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 flashed to 101