More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 64 - 54MH/s with less than 130w

best vega 56 / 64 ETH hashrate is 55 point something, tested / proven, higher than that it’s unstable, cmiiw

I would screen it but for now I have it switched to Ergo :sweat_smile: was doing 215mh/s but my hbm got to 75c and I backed it up to about 207mh/s… 58 mh/s on eth wasn’t stable for me at all until I bumped the hbm voltage to 1.35v, have your tried that? Got me to 1070mhz hbm stable… I can give you the command for HiveOS if you want :relaxed:

1 Like

Please do provide us the commands, as far as I know raising hbm voltage is possible only with BIOS…

1 Like

I thought so as well but after spending 3-4 coffees digging around, i found this command…

atitool -vddcr_hbm=1.3

Keep in mind that you have to specify to which cards you want to apply this to… i only have 1 vega on that rig so that’s fine :stuck_out_tongue: You can even change the 1.3 to 1.35 which is the stock vega 64 voltage… Right now i have it at 1.3v running 1060mhz stable as a rock ^^

Btw for ergo mining here’s a command that unlocks your power limit…(245w is the max you can go)

yes | rocm-smi -d 0 --setpoweroverdrive 245

Oh and in case you missed it, Team Red Miner version 0.8.6 has a bug with vega cards… I got worried that my vega got degraded or something, downgrade to version 0.8.5…

2 Likes

very nice find, thank you!
Will try it after I’m finished testing the stability on my current setup
Using A mode (B mode for my cards seem pretty unstable) If it passes 48h with no invalids I’ll post the full setup :smiley:

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 19.37.05
Maybe I’ll wait till I sell this rig first tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is what i’m getting at the moment… using hbm voltage of 1.3v with the following straps:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

My OCD is like killing me that i can’t get it to hit 58 :stuck_out_tongue: Pretty sure i had some straps that got me past 58 but i can’t find them right now… Raising the hbm from 1060 to 1070 has no effect on the hashrate no matter the core clock… These are impressive power figures you got over there, i have free electricity so i don’t really care as long as my cards are cool xD

Edit: forgot to mention that i’m running --eth_config=B448

2 Likes

Oh and by the way i wouldn’t sell this rig if i were you :stuck_out_tongue: Vegas are just awesome, i wish i could get more at a reasonable price… When eth goes away and ergo takes it’s place, you really want to have vegas xD getting 210-220mh/s is no joke when a 3090 only gets 275mh/s…

2 Likes

WOW, an actual screenshot! I’m amazed man, thought you were trolling :stuck_out_tongue:
nice temps, I don’t have free electricity but with those temps you are safe I think.

Maybe with hmb raised I might get lucky with B mode, anything above 1020 is dead gpu for me. GPU3 dead even on 1015 with B mode… terrible.
B mode=more hash for Vega no doubt!

1 Like

Try my settings and start raising the hbm… I’m pretty sure that with the hbm voltage mod you’ll be able to max your card :slight_smile: I mean there’s a hard lock after 1060mhz on the hbm so that’s pretty much it i guess :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh well something changed in hive os you can now set HBM Voltage in oc
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 08.38.50

2 Likes

I take my hat off to you, manage to get 57.91 MHS for my vega, very cool man although the watt consumption it’s a bit high for my taste, but you’ve proven me wrong :+1:

1 Like

It was always there… unfortunately changing this, won’t change your hbm voltage(I already tried). You can verify this by running amd-info :slight_smile:

Yeah l know… but still 150ish watts isn’t bad for 58 mh/s… Using the above commands I was able to get 215 mh/s on ergo which is insane if you consider that I get 275 from a 3090 :sweat_smile: although it took about 230 watts to achieve it since the core has to work overtime in ergo :sweat_smile:

1 Like

aye I know, but now it’s working :smiley: verified by amd-tool command from “run command”
I’m running latest version 0.6-210@211017, also using TRM 0.8.6

1 Like

Will test at some point and let you know :slight_smile: Having to run the command each time the rig boots is a pain :sweat_smile:

You can actually add any command you want to run on boot to the /home/user/xinit.user.sh file. This is how you used to have to run the amdmemtweak command

Mine looks like this

2 Likes

I checked it yesterday… It does Indeed work now in the UI :slight_smile: no reason to use the command any more :slight_smile:

Hello,

is it possible to share with us the OC settings for ERGO for about 190-200MH with pictures, and which staps you are using?

Thank you!!!

My straps and settings are mentioned above… The only thing that changes is the core clock… Just increase it until it wont give you any more hashrate or until your card is no longer stable :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you specify which cards to apply these commands to in the run command line?