More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 64 - 54MH/s with less than 130w

Hi, I’ve got a problem with Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 - I have done everything as it was posted above - flashed vega to 56, applied OC and straps as they are metioned… Then I started mining with Phoenix Miner…

Everything looked good for a few minutes I’ve got 50 MH/s, but then something happend, miner stops working a nothing is working until I flash 64 bios to the card… (it stops mining on RX 580 in same rig too).

I am also having problems with my Gigabyte Vega 64, mine is a Gaming OC. I have a pair and they have been nothing but problems and put them on a rig with 1 and a Nvidia card for the time being. 38-42MHs is about my max. Mine run at 170-180w…

I have no problems with other cards 5600/5700 and Nvidia 3060’s etc. I am about to throw in towel on these Vegas (don’t want to… BUT)…

Hello, I have a vega 56 that has hynix memory are there any straps that you may recommend? It’s currently hashing at 40mh/s at 1000 core 900 memory and 900 mv for core.

How did you upgrade the kernel to 5.4.80 mate? My kernel is 5.4.0 and eth_config=B is giving an error related to the driver does not support large memory and reducing it to A

I reinstalled it but I guess the hive-replace should work

https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/vega-56-and-vega-64-guide

I’ve been using straps from the original post here. Check out my frequencies in the topic I linked. Getting stable 50MH/s

I got 7 Vega 64 cards but I have no idea what they are.

On the HiveOs screen it writes:
Radeon RX Vega 64 8176 MB · AMD/ATI
Samsung HBM2 · 113-D0500100-104

I tried almost all Vega 56 bioses none of them has worked.

Is there any way to find which Vega 56 I must get? I am asking with any query can I see any info which can help me?
amd-info , amdmeminfo, etc. etc.

Thanks

Can you take a photo of em? What brand etc…

They don’t have any brand, they are red black single fan and look like exactly like the images you see under XFX, YESTON, GIGABYTE or etc. when you search on google VEGA 64.

On the small label it is written:

I was stuck on the same 5.4.0 kernel and figured out that it was due to me downloading the AMD Vega specific HiveOS image.

Reinstall using the stable GPU image then update to the above mentioned 0.6-192@210111 (i ended up with 0.6-192@210127)

Not sure if it will fix your issue with large memory support.

You could always just take the AMD BIOS on techpowerup.

Finally I did what vsimovic says above and took AMD BIOS, there were 3 of them I took the one with the lowest number (i tried all 3 actually this one worked only)

The thing which confused me was actually you need to run that amdmemtweak before starting the miner. Otherwise miner is stuck It does not do anything.

Now the situation:

My GPU6 never works with teamredminer, it gives the error:
GPU Detected DEAD
and then restarts the whole rig that’s why currently I disabled it.

It worked like this for 8 hours it’s pretty stable with these settings. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Initially when all cards were 1110/840/1028, I can compare my overjoy to mining a whole block solo when I saw all my 6 cards working at 56.17 MH/sec… But with that setting it could never run more than 5 minutes it got GPU Detected DEAD errors. Hence I lowered their settings.

Now my 6 cards working with a total speed similar to all my 7 cards used to work with phoenixminer, and I got a GPU6 which I need to understand and solve its problem. Because it has always been a headache. It worked with phoenixminer but it created minimum 60% invalid shares. I would think it is faulty, but when I connect it to HDMI i see the screen, and I am not capable to test it on more advanced level. Maybe I must put it in a bare desktop pc and try with some games.

Your GPU 6 is not flashed to 56 (stills show 64). AMDMEMTWEAK need to be run at start of rig using xinit.user.sh
You have to use team red miner not Phoenix miner and it need to be With config B

Thanks mate, I tried all that but it didn’t work. That’s why I reverted back to 64 bios and disabled it.

Something else is wrong with that GPU which I couldn’t figure out yet.

You can still try lower like 1000 instead of 1028 and rise when it’s stable

Here I tried it again. Now it is flashed to same Vega 56 bios and having same amdmemtweak settings. It just started and:

I tried many different things but it just doesn’t want to work with TRM

My Vega 64 settings are 1100/840/960

Are you using the same amdmemtweak for Vega64?

1 Like

yes. It took some time for me to find settings so my system is stable and dont get GPU dead errors like you do.