More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

What's best for GPU longevity: 24 hours a day or 16 hours a day?

Hey guys, I’m aware of cold-hot expansion-contraction, but also think that GPUs also get stressed by constant submission to hot temperatures.

My 5700XT gets up to 90ºC on the Memory Junction (everywhere else pretty cool, around 45-50). I usually mine while I’m awake, so its 16 hours a day. Also to increase energy efficiency.

This, however, brings to the table worries about making the GPU go through 16 hot hours and 8 cold ones, which, in theory involves physical expansion and contraction of parts.

Should I just let it run 24/7?

Am I more likely to encounter problems by leaving it 24/7 with Memory Junction temperature around 84-90ºC, or by letting it rest 8 hours a day?

Thanks!

Saludos, mi opinión: lo primero que debes hacer es calcular la rentabilidad en esas ocho horas y de acuerdo al costo de la GPU decidir. Es un problema de $S. Técnicamente solo lo sabrás haciendo un ensayo y error, pero esto te tomara tiempo y además te servirá para escribir un artículo sobre ese tema. Por favor, publica tu toma de decisión, eso ayudaría. Éxitos…

Hola. Estas ocho horas son muy rentables (incluso dejando toda la configuración solo en minería), pero mi preocupación es la longevidad del hardware, ya que hoy en día la tarjeta actual (que también uso para jugar) está costando tres veces el precio que pagué inicialmente. .

I think that the suggestion is to put the price of the GPU on the profitability math. This 8 hours pay a new GPU in how much time? if it pays a new GPU before this one goes down you should keep it running 24/7.

The problem in this math is to know how long it takes to have the present GPU burned, this info is the key to decide.

I[quote=“danielvm, post:5, topic:30608, full:true”]
I think that the suggestion is to put the price of the GPU on the profitability math. This 8 hours pay a new GPU in how much time? if it pays a new GPU before this one goes down you should keep it running 24/7.

The problem in this math is to know how long it takes to have the present GPU burned, this info is the key to decide.
[/quote]

With the current prices, probably a bit over a year.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.