More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

WiFi setup

@HaloGenius is their anything else that i need to run? Such as drivers to install? Or is it just plug and play?

@MiningYeti
Drivers integrated to HiveOS. PNP and no pain )

Ребятушки , дело такое есть WIFI Adapter TP-LINK Acher T2UH на них очень хорошие антенны стоят и получается хорошая связь , ну в винде проверено а вот установить их не получается , хайв не видит к сожалению… Пытался сам поставить не получилось Вопрос такой может вы будете добавлять когда то драйвера в сборки можете и его добавить ???
https://www.tp-link.com/de/download/Archer-T2UH_V1.html#Driver
или можете как то помочь его установить ??

1 Like

Just wanted to add that the Amazon Basics Wifi adapter works without any additional work. Just plugged it in (after HiveOS was loaded), typed “wifi” and everything connected flawlessly.

Заказал такой себе. Попытаюсь заставить работать, но на случай неудачи присоединяюсь к просьбе добавить поддержку в сборку)

https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/kebidu-150M-USB-2-0-WiFi-Wireless-Network-Card-802-11-b-g-n-LAN-Antenna/32827792641.html
with antenna

The same trouble. After deployment I have used command ‘wifi’ and it works properly, but after reboot it doesn’t work anymore. The same error: ‘too many symbolic links’

Every time it works only in the first boot.
I tried to edit etc/network/interfaces - doesn’t work too.
Adapter TL-WN821N, drivers by default. HaveOS v. 0.5-57
Any idea - how can I fix it?

So, I built a farm with same adapter about 3-4 months ago. Now I have tried the same (old) HiveOS distrib, and it works without any problems (after installing the drivers).

У меня получилось запустить Acher T1U. Думаю решение должно подойти и к T2UH.
I have solutions for Acher T1U:

1. mkdir src
  2. cd src
  3. wget https://github.com/xtknight/mt7610u-linksys-ae6000-wifi-fixes/archive/master.zip
  4. unzip master.zip
  5. cd mt7610u-linksys-ae6000-wifi-fixes-master
  6. make
  7. make install
  8. modprobe mt7610u_sta
  9. vi /etc/network/interfaces
  10. Добавьте эти строки в файл. insert this strings:

auto ra0
iface ra0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid ****
wpa-psk ****

wpa-psk получаем командой wpa_passphrase [ ssid ] [ passphrase ]
11. if up ra0

Вот и всё. После ребута wifi автоматом подключается.

Проверено на текущей версии Hive OS 0.5-67

I hope this isn’t a dead thread but I just recently switched to HiveOS from Windows and it seems much easier to use but I am unable to use wifi on a Realtek mt7601 wireless adapter. When I type the wifi command I receive the message “No wlan0 interface found”. I have tried every guide I could possibly find on the internet and have reinstalled my HiveOS multiple times with different versions but I just can’t get the wifi command to work. I am having the same errors as the person here and it seems “mrgromov” found a fix but I don’t fully steps 2 and 3 as I am not very familiar with linux.
Does anyone have an easy fix? Thank you

EDIT After two days of fighting with the adapter I got another one I had ordered in the mail and decided to try a fresh install with it and immediately it worked perfectly with the wifi command. To anybody reading this in the future who has the same problem as me I suggest you just get a new one, sometimes they can just be fucked with linux, despite working on windows as in my case.

2 Likes

Worked for me too. Tenda U12 AC1300 USB adapter working fine.

Thanks pducharme!

hi im new to hive os and linux, can someone tell me how to reconect mi wifi after a reboot? some say to do a config file, but i really dont know how to do it!

Подскажите как добавить драйвер от TP-Link TL-WN821N V6.0.
ссылка на сайт с драйвером https://www.tp-link.com/ru-ua/download/TL-WN821N.html#Driver
Или пусть разработчик его добавит с обновой
Иначе после перезагрузки он не запускается.
Спасибо

Ребят, помогите прописать настройки wifi в папке флешки Hive. Нифига не понимаю, что и где писать. Спасибо

Как подключить скрытую WiFi сеть?
Метод с заменой строки в /hive/sbin/wifi <wpa_passphrase "$WIFI_SSID" "$WIFI_PASSWORD" |tee /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf> на < wpa_passphrase “$WIFI_SSID” “$WIFI_PASSWORD” | sed -e “s/}/ scan_ssid=1
}/g” |tee /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf> не работает.
Приходится жертвовать безопасностью и открывать WiFi сеть только для Hiveos. Подскажите решение!
Спасибо.

USB-AC53 Nano
AC1200 Dual-band USB Wi-Fi Adapter
I don’t know how to install the driver.

получилось у вас со скрытой сетью? Та же самая проблема

я так и не понял, что лучше купить , может подскажите , что лучше по надёжности и качеству, заранее спасибо! :slight_smile:

Ну что нет вариантов лучше кабеля нет?