More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Would love some help, Filesystem is read-only, rebooting problem happened out of nowhere :(

Hello Ive started using HiveOS on a few rigs couple days ago,
Ive been booting from usb and did the command to copy to the hard drive afterward.
I had 3 rigs perfectly running that way, and suddendly in the middle of the night,at the same time, two of those rigs turned off and I can see error on the site dashboard “>Filesystem is read-only, rebooting”
This is what it shows exactly :

“sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1938484k,nr_inodes=484621,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=392844k,mode=755)
/dev/sda4 on / type ext4 (ro,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=120)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelegate)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=43,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=16437)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/debug/tracing type tracefs (rw,relatime)
sunrpc on /run/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,noatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /var/tmp type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /var/log/apt type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /var/log/journal type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/sda1 on /hive-config type fuseblk (rw,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)”

Ive searched all around the web for answer but didn’t found anything helpfull,
When rebooting the rig, If I connect with HDMI I can see the blue start screen asking to start hiveos and If started it goes into a black screen and the LAN cable seems to stop at this moment also.
I don’t know why those 2 rigs are down with this error and why 1 still running perfectly :frowning:

Any help would be lovely ! Thanks

Got the same issue, I’m booting from USB, trying sata SSD now.

Did it work better with SSD?

In fact, yes it did, but later on I did clone it back to USB and it worked flawlessly aswell, I suspect it had something to do with the USB port on the Mainboard I used but as of now I have no evidence what caused the problem …

I’m booting from USB, trying sata SSD now.

I also flashed the same usb with a new image and it worked perfectly.

Thank you for responding

Also running into this,unfortunately while I’m on vacation.last error I saw from hiveos mobile app is file system rebooting, read only. Rebooted everything remotely and looks like the OS isn’t coming up. I have remote power monitors on the psus and can see they are up . I’m running usb only ,no hdd of any kind installed . It’s been rock solid until this. Now I’m losing $$ until I get home and can figure it out :frowning:

1 Like

Did you figure out what was the cause of this?
I’ve seen that this has happened when the power goes out (this is a problem where I live). I’m going to reformat the hdd and see how it goes.

For me it was a bad USB stick. I made made a new boot stick and all was fine. I couldn’t read the old one on the two pcs I tried.

I have this problem too. Sometimes I get the error a few times per 24 hours, sometimes after a few days. I’m running off a USB. The USB has been reflashed, but it still happens. It does, however, restart mining once it’s back online.

Hello
Currently this issue popped up on my rig as well. I am using USB flash.
Looks like it has been some time since the last post here.
Doesn’t mean the issue wasn’t there during this time; however, I don’t see any solution.

Did anyone faced and solved this somehow ?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.